Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky router (not really a tech question)

This is a discussion on sky router (not really a tech question) within the General Computing and Internet forums, part of the Community channel category; sorry if this is the wrong forum, but lm not really asking for help with the hardware, more like help ...

Auron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

sky router (not really a tech question)

sorry if this is the wrong forum, but lm not really asking for help with the hardware, more like help finding the page l can buy a replacement from :/

basically lve been having issues, and have been contemplating replacing my SR101, however lve looked all over my sky account but cant seem to find a place that allows me to order a new router for my sky fibre.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: sky router (not really a tech question)

Click this link Sky Hub – our best ever wireless broadband router sceoll to the bottom and on the right hand side click Upgrade.

Are you sure you want a Sky Hub? Many believe they are not worth the money and you are better buying your own.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Auron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

lm not sure what the first thing l would do would be if l bought a non-standard router, l know l can chuck any sky router on my connection (or at least thats what the sky tech support said) but non-sky hardware l have no clue what ld need to do to make it work with sky.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It depends on your needs. If the Sky router fulfils them, then stay with it. You would be a lot cheaper buying from eBay where they can be got for one third or less the price with Sky.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.