Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Is your bank account under threat?

This is a discussion on Is your bank account under threat? within the General Computing and Internet forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by James_Mitchell If it's the same bank as I use, the second layer of security uses drops down ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Is your bank account under threat?

Quote Originally Posted by James_Mitchell View Post
      If it's the same bank as I use, the second layer of security uses drops down lists so that prevents key-logging. Each drop down has 36 characters (26 letters and 10 digits) to select from, so (if my maths is correct) that offers at least 46,656 (36 x 36 x 36) different combinations to get the 10 character passcode correct with only 2 log-in attempts before it locks you out permanently.
      No, unfortunately its the one that's been in the news today who have had IT problems. I checked my account as soon as I heard about it and all is OK. The beauty of their log in method is that you never use your full password only specific digits, so even a key-logger will be no good.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      mohan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Trusteer causes a lot of problems with Sky broadband. I uninstalled it and then my Sky broadband worked perfectly. After a few months, I reinstalled and the problems started again. I then uninstalled it again and my Sky broadband is working perfectly again.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mohan View Post
      Trusteer causes a lot of problems with Sky broadband. I uninstalled it and then my Sky broadband worked perfectly. After a few months, I reinstalled and the problems started again. I then uninstalled it again and my Sky broadband is working perfectly again.
      I have used it for years and never had a problem. Could it be your browser is not compatible?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mohan View Post
      I use the latest version of Chrome 64 bit. I also tried using Edge but Sky broadband kept cutting off. I found that Trusteer was the cause of the problem by searching the internet. I have had no problems since uninstalling Trusteer.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

I use the TOR Browser bundle fairly often and Trusteer was making it crash a few months ago (after the TOR bundle got updated) so I uninstalled it but it had all been fine before that.

I'm reinstalling it.

I didn't read the article, was it a man-in-the-middle type of hack as that's all Trusteer Endpoint protects against?
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Exchange:
      Thanks

I read about the Trusteer problems in another user forum though I cannot remember which one. I use Malwarebytes Premium and LastPass and I think these, together with not going into bank, etc. sites by clicking on links, etc protect me sufficiently. Trusteer is not worth the hassle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12