Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Koala5

Sky free upgrade offer from October 2018.

This is a discussion on Sky free upgrade offer from October 2018. within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Oh well so much for that "loyalty" offer. Got a letter today from sky saying they cannot (will not) do ...

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Sky free upgrade offer from October 2018.

Oh well so much for that "loyalty" offer. Got a letter today from sky saying they cannot (will not) do it. I don't know if anyone else is actually posting on this forum anymore but if there is anyone else who got the letter last October still here did you actually get upgraded?

Oh well tried to upload picture of the letter but that didn't work.

2. Advertisement
      sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky free upgrade offer from October 2018.

Did you mean the internet upgrade? if that then yes i got it went from 40mb to 70/80 mb had it since November time.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

Thanks

Yes. sorry. the internet upgrade. No real explanation from Sky other than, "Network issues in my area prevented the upgrade," silghtly feasable. "A change was made to my Sky account which didn't allow us to upgrade your speed," No changes that I am aware of. " I moved house." Nope I'm still here. Funnily enough I can pay for a speed upgrade but for some obscure reason Sky wont honour their promise, which thay made in a letter to me last October, to upgrade my speed for free. Now who would have thought it.

I would go elsewhere but all the ISPs are, more or less, the same, promises promises but little changes and to be honest I have had no trouble with my Sky broadband since I have been with them, which is a long long time. I'm not that bothered about a speed increase, certainly not to want to pay for one. I'm no gamer and for what I do on the net my speed is fine. It's just that these companies say they are on our side, ah too hell with it they are all just out to scam us. As I get older I get more and more cynical.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I would class Sky as a reputable company. Yes they want to make a profit and reward their shareholders but I wouldn't go as far as to call them scammers. Have you been scammed? It is regrettable that they have not honoured their agreement, about which a letter to their CEO may be in order, but how has it effected you in the pocket? If no offer had been made would you have been in any different state financially to what you are now. The letter may have caused you to remain with Sky when otherwise you would have changed broadband supplier but, from you comments, you appear to be pleased with Sky's service and not about to take your business elsewhere.
      Last edited by seawright; 29-05-19 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks

If you actually read my post, which you blatantly obviously haven't, you would see that I haven't, specifically, called Sky "scammers." What I did say was that EVERYBODY was out to scam us. I have had massive problems with Paypal over the last three months. Call out fees are super scandulous, petrol and diesel is going through the roof, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

But why would you read a post properly if there is the slightest chance that you can put your post negative thoughts in place. And as I also say, which quite obviously went straight over the top of your head as well, is that the older I get the more cynical I get.

Thanks

On the contrary, I did read your original post properly but felt that I had nothing to contribute to your question or comment.

It was your reply to sdd to which I took exception. Even after re-reading your last reply it still appears that you are calling Sky scammers. I realise that you are also calling other service providers scammers but as this forum is specifically concerned with Sky I chose to defend them rather than all and sundry. I am not saying they are perfect and agree with your point about call out fees, just that scamming is not one of their crimes. As to becoming more cynical with age I can assure you that you do not hold a monopoly in that respect.
      You may well be correct that your post went completely over my head as I am still unable to determine what makes a thought post negative.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Why would disbelieve there explanation that there is network issue preventing the upgrade?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Why would disbelieve there explanation that there is network issue preventing the upgrade?
      As pete.i stated:
      Funnily enough I can pay for a speed upgrade but for some obscure reason Sky wont honour their promise, which thay made in a letter to me last October, to upgrade my speed for free.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You might find that if you applied to pay for the upgrade it still may not be possible. Just because ‘Computor says yes’ it dosen’t mean it is physically possible if they have network capacity issues in your area.
      seawright likes this.