Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd dies, aged 90

This is a discussion on Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd dies, aged 90 within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd dies, aged 90 - BBC News Sir Ken Dodd, creator of the Diddy Men and ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd dies, aged 90

Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd dies, aged 90 - BBC News

Name:  sirkendoddgetty.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  30.2 KB

Sir Ken Dodd, creator of the Diddy Men and one of the most popular comedians of his time, has died aged 90.

The Liverpool legend had recently been released from hospital after six weeks of treatment for a chest infection.

On Friday, he had married Anne Jones, his partner of 40 years, at their house,
      the same one he grew up in, in the Liverpool suburb of Knotty Ash.

"To my mind, he was one of the last music hall greats," his publicist, Robert Holmes, said.

Sir Ken was famous for his very long stand-up shows - with which he was touring until last year - along with his Diddy Men
      and the tickling stick.

"He passed away in the home that he was born in over 90 years ago. He's never lived anywhere else.
      It's absolutely amazing."

Sir Ken had been a comedian since 1954 and was born the son of a coal merchant in 1927.

In the 1960s, he made it into the Guinness Book of Records for telling 1,500 jokes in three and a half hours.
      Last edited by seawright; 12-03-18 at 02:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

dog-man (12-03-18)

3. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Re: Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd dies, aged 90

He will be missed.

Various tasteful jokes include:

"I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law for eighteen months - I don't like to interrupt her."

"How many men does it take to change a toilet roll? Nobody knows - it’s never been done before."

"It's ten years since I went out of my mind. I'd never go back."

“You think you can get away, but you can’t. I’ll follow you home and I’ll shout jokes through your letterbox” – uttered when he was still going strong at a show as it approached midnight.

“Honolulu: it’s got everything: sand for the children, sun for the wife, sharks for the wife’s mother.”

“In the 1800s, one of the MPs in London decided to introduce tax. In those days it was 2p in the pound. I thought it still was.”

“I thought it would be a good idea to go into politics. Maybe I am a little old. but you know, I’d love to be Chancellor of the Exchequer. That way I’ll be united with my money.”

“Good evening, my name is Kenneth Arthur Dodd, singer photographic playboy and failed accountant.”

When asked by the trial judge what it felt like to have a hundred thousand pounds stashed in a suitcase in his attic, Dodd replied: “The notes are very light my lord.”

"RIP Sir Ken Dodd. One of the all time greats. The funeral will be held on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday." (Gary Delaney)

"Fifty-five years in show business, ladies and gentlemen. That's a hell of a long time to wait for a laugh."
      seawright likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms