Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By The Realist

BT Names the UK Top 5 Worst Nuisance Callers as 2 Million Adopt Call Protect

This is a discussion on BT Names the UK Top 5 Worst Nuisance Callers as 2 Million Adopt Call Protect within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; BT Names the UK Top 5 Worst Nuisance Callers as 2 Million Adopt Call Protect - ISPreview UK Itís been ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,205 Times in 2,074 Posts

BT Names the UK Top 5 Worst Nuisance Callers as 2 Million Adopt Call Protect

BT Names the UK Top 5 Worst Nuisance Callers as 2 Million Adopt Call Protect - ISPreview UK
      Itís been three months since BT introduced their free ĎCall ProtectĎ service to tackle nuisance calls (here) and some 2 million homes across the United Kingdom are now using it. The broadband ISP has also published a table of the top 5 worst nuisance callers for March 2017.

The Call Protect system works by using powerful computers to analyse large amounts of live data, enabling BTís network team in Oswestry to identify rogue numbers (i.e. those that make enormous numbers of calls) and add them to a special blacklist. Customers can also help by identifying troublesome numbers to the system or creating their own personal blacklist.

The provider estimates that, since its launch, Call Protect has reduced the number of nuisance calls reaching customers by diverting 65% of those calls into its junk voicemail box. In addition, customers are making more than 80,000 calls a week to the serviceís 1572 number in order to add calls, check voicemail or change settings etc.

Top 5 Worst UK Nuisance Callers (4-11th March 2017)

Categories Volume Proportion
      1 Accident claims 12,211,599 41%
      2 Personal details (Scam) 5,439,781 18.50%
      3 PPI 1,892,479 6.40%
      4 Computer scam 3,593,103 12.60%
      5 Debt collection 2,212,713 7.50%
      Other 4,131,102 14%
      Total 29,480,477

2. Advertisement
      James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: BT Names the UK Top 5 Worst Nuisance Callers as 2 Million Adopt Call Protect

When are Sky going to start offering something similar?

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: BT Names the UK Top 5 Worst Nuisance Callers as 2 Million Adopt Call Protect

Quote Originally Posted by James_Mitchell View Post
      When are Sky going to start offering something similar?
      Watch this space
      Scubbie likes this.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Well I dunno that seems like a hell of a load of hassle to stop these calls. I bought this phone, Buy BT 8610 Cordless Telephone with Answer Machine - Triple at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Telephones, Telephones and accessories, Technology. and it is absolutely brilliant. Killed my cold callers 110% dead. Downside is that anyone not in the "phone book" has to talk to the robot and then, IF I want to talk to them I press 2 and the automatically go into the phone book and if I don't want to talk to them then I just press 1 and they are gone for ever.