Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Working for Sky

This is a discussion on Working for Sky within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by TPM Has anyone been or know anyone who is/has been a Sky home service field engineer? Hi ...

grandad.sw59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Working for Sky

Quote Originally Posted by TPM View Post
      Has anyone been or know anyone who is/has been a Sky home service field engineer?
      Hi I used to work for SKY,as a field tech & workshop engineer,to say that they employ good managers is like saying that Currys sell new products! they are obsessed with numbers,and don't give a damn about the customers.I got out because of this.Does this help?

Sent from my WOW1 using Tapatalk

2. Advertisement
      The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

A field engineers job is now extremely stressful and targets have to be meet and now selling has become part of the roll and again if you don't sell a percentage a week your pulled in and warned.

You have NPS/CSAT figures to meet, H&S, Compliances, tracked for speeding, to much work each day for example you can get 560 minutes of work in a 9hr working day and that's not including driving or your 1hr break.

The job is a great job but now its become figure based and its killing the job of customer satisfaction like a few years ago we had 20 minutes to demo an installed product to a customer now its 6 minutes and that's included in the 54 minutes install time.

Regards
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
      A field engineers job is now extremely stressful and targets have to be meet and now selling has become part of the roll and again if you don't sell a percentage a week your pulled in and warned.

You have NPS/CSAT figures to meet, H&S, Compliances, tracked for speeding, to much work each day for example you can get 560 minutes of work in a 9hr working day and that's not including driving or your 1hr break.

The job is a great job but now its become figure based and its killing the job of customer satisfaction like a few years ago we had 20 minutes to demo an installed product to a customer now its 6 minutes and that's included in the 54 minutes install time.

Regards
      The engineer I had for my Sky Q install back in November was excellent and took his time for a good job, he sat and talked about all things Sky with me having the coffee and bacon sandwich I offered him, he spent a good half hour demoing and enjoying the refreshments.
      I think he mentioned I was third job of the day and he had three or four more that day.

At what point does an engineer sell you anything, not ever experienced that and what would they be up selling?
      Last edited by lettice; 26-04-17 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks

Sky call it STS "Sales Through Service" and engineers are expected to offer customers upgrades or attempted to upgrade a customer.

This was originally voluntary hence if you could upgrade great but now its compulsory and every engineer in the country has to do the above as its monitored.

PS,
      Back in November it was voluntary but from January this year its compulsory.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Still not seeing how that works, as the majority of the time an engineer visits a customer is to install with a new contract or a new upgrade like sky q which would involve a new set customer deal.
      No customer in their right mind at that point will either be happy to or would at that point take on more.
      Well I would not.
      I would be quite insulted if an engineer tried to flog or change me some package that way to be honest and that would be breaking my trust as part of the install.

Thanks

No customers may very well and Q but the basic package and didn't think of adding movies or sports at the time of order so the engineer is able to add this to the customers account at a saving so its a win win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12