Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

2x Sky+ EPG feature requests

This is a discussion on 2x Sky+ EPG feature requests within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I am posting this in the hope that a Sky representative sees it and considers my requests. To the extent ...

BARThompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

2x Sky+ EPG feature requests

I am posting this in the hope that a Sky representative sees it and considers my requests. To the extent I should post this elsewhere, please let me know!

Feature request 1

Please could you add some form of online review summary with the movie synopsis. The movie database is extremely large, with many titles that I (and I am sure others) have not heard off. I often sit there with my laptop open on Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB to find out which of the films on offer are any good. Many media players already download metadata and review ratings and display this alongside the movie synopsis which is extremely helpful. This would make the 'Sky Movies on Demand' service much much better at very little cost or difficulty.

Feature request 2
      Please can you enable a 'continuous play' feature in the planner. My son (2 years old) likes watching Peppa Pig, the episodes of which are only about 5 mins long. Every 5 mins, I have to go back to the planner to select the next episode. Most children's programmes are very short and I am sure others would appreciate the ability to hit 'Play' and let the recorded programmes roll through without intervention.

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: 2x Sky+ EPG feature requests

The second did previously exist where you could queue recordings in order to archive to VHS, but it worked exactly how you have requested. I can't remember exactly why it was removed, it may have been when they introduced larger hard drives thus removing the need to archive to VHS in order to free up space. I'm sure the first Sky+ drives were only 40GB in size.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

The is some information on the Sky website regarding the write up of a film. Is this sufficient or would you like more?

Never Miss - Sky

Watch Sky Movies Online | Sky Go

I know these are just the synopsis rather than a review. I know that reviews have been requested in the past, but so far I've not seen much progress. You may also wish to install an app called 'Beamly' on your tablet or smart phone. It was know as Zeebox and it provides some useful info on how good or popular content is on the TV.

The continuous play is available to some extent already. If you use the 'Copy' function you can set up the STB to play lots of things in succession.

Navigate to the Planner, highlight the first item and press <Right>. Now press <Green> to add it to the list. Repeat for each item. At the end you can play the whole lot, but hide the remote as interrupting it will cancel the process.
      reddwarfcrew likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

ah, they didn't remove COPY, just put it onto the page of colour button options .

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I'd like the ability to see an official film trailer.

Infact seeing as most are only around 2 minutes long, there could even be an area within on demand dedicated to trailers.
      So eventually every film on every channel would have a corresponding trailer there & like the op with rotten tomatoes, i wouldn't have to search youtube 3 or 4 times per day.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Aye, hidden but not forgotten.

The cop function isn't ideal as it doesn't create a 'Playlist'. Thinking a little more about Peppa Pig and YouTube it is possible to create a Play List there and play it back through a TV, well at least some TVs.

I've just taken a look at YouTube and someone has uploaded various seasons of Peppa Pig, so that just leaves the issue of playing it back through the TV. If you have a more recent Smart TV you might be able to pair a phone or computer with the TV. I've done this with my main TV and can stream content from either my phone (which triggers the app to start up on the TV) or my Laptop (I need to open the TV app first for this to work).

It is also now possible to create a YouTube playlist in your YouTube account so that you can easily repeat the sequence at a later date. Please do review the YouTube videos first.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms