Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: At This Point In Time I Will Be Voting For....

Voters
    13. You may not vote on this poll
    • Labour

5 38.46%
    • Conservative

6 46.15%
    • Lib Dems

0 0%
    • Other Party

2 15.38%
    • Knowbody, its a swizz!

0 0%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Next UK General Election 2009/2010 - Your View

This is a discussion on The Next UK General Election 2009/2010 - Your View within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Have to say for me it's a simple choice: pick the lesser of the two evils. A vote for anyone ...

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: The Next UK General Election 2009/2010 - Your View

Have to say for me it's a simple choice: pick the lesser of the two evils. A vote for anyone else is a wasted vote, shocking in a democracy, but it's the sad truth. As a Scot I'd never vote for the SNP, a total joke of a party. Can't wait for their independance referendum as it will be defeated effectivley putting an end to the whole party and what it stands for. Gordon gets my vote because it's true what he said: Dave called it wrong!!

2. Advertisement
      sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sorry but i would stick with what we have got.....i remember Margret Thatcher when she got in...she said it would take a few years to get out of the mess labour have left behind.....Yeah alright ...What a mess she left.....so would you want another Margret Thatcher in power NOT ME....( remember the poll tax ) Conservatives are no Different form Thatcher Years they will always take from the poor and give to the rich and make them richer.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

LiamMc03 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kneller Hall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am quite ignorant to politics. So do not take my views too seriously.

I believe that this country has two major things it really does need to sort:

1) Crime. There seems to be no justice for the victim any more, just the criminal. Most people are no longer scared of the Police, they just see them as a joke. I hear stories from most of my family discussing how the Police used to have respect etc. etc. I believe this was obtained by fear. If you knew that you would have a clip around your ear for stealing or treating another human-being badly, you just wouldn't do it. I understand that this means the Police can abuse their powers etc. etc. but they already do, even after having that power provoked.

2) Education. Now I'm not sure if any of you have noticed, but I believe the education system here in England and Wales is a mockery. Firstly; I have just left school and I'm now attending sixth-form. I attended two secondary schools, one in West London and the other here in Essex. Both schools lacked discipline and the work most students were given (in bottom and top sets) was pathetic and so dumbed-down. The teachers barely ever got to teach and were constantly calling 'senior' members of staff. It just goes on and on, I won't bore you any longer!

/rant

Sorry if I'm being naive or have offended anyone.

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

What worries me is that I don't think any of the politicians are going to admit the real mess that this country is in, before the election. Least of all Gordon Brown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12