Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

pings on sky broadband, high or low

This is a discussion on pings on sky broadband, high or low within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just as a follow up. It has been brought to my attention that Sky will not change you over from ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: pings on sky broadband, high or low

Just as a follow up.

It has been brought to my attention that Sky will not change you over from Interleaved to Fastpath, as Interleaved is better for stability.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      m.barnes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Dear Mr Matt,

Thank you for contacting Sky Broadband Technical Support.

We do not tailor line requirements to individual customers regarding interleave, and as was previously specifiied, we do not implement fast
      path, it is policy that all customers must be set to Interleave.
      There are no current plans to introduce Fast path onto the Sky service.

Kind regards

Sky Broadband Technical Support
      Sky
      Sky.com - Home

and this is why i will be leaving sky. every issue i have had with them has been met with this level of "nope sorry, we wont do anything".

my old isp bent over backwards to help and i only moved to match the tv etc and because of price. but i have a phone bill that has negated that price difference due to problems, and would rather have a service i want, than the service sky want to provide

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

TBH, i find it amazing that people cant accept the fact that Sky dont support Fast Path. Not flaming here, its just that you've all been told several times, and several people here have posted about it, but you still wont accept it.

Complaining about it will not change the fact. Customers will not get put on Fast Path. End Of.

There is a lot of talk about other ISPs offering Fast Path. Fine. Thats their choice. But they charge you over double the price in some cases, triple even with certain ISPs, for the same speeds and download limits. So if you want to waste money for the EXACT SAME SERVICE then thats your choice.

P.S. before you say that it wont be the same service, cos they support Fast Path, dont be fooled. If you have anything wrong with your line, you will get rubbish download speeds on fast path, and the ISP will not hesitate in putting your line on interleave. Then you will be in the exact same position.

P.P.S I'm actually with you guys about offering Fast Path. I think Sky should offer it if the customer asks. However, I have accepted the fact that you cant. Maybe in the future, but not now. basically, deal with it

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

@indefatigable - I think you have missed the point entirely, people are unhappy because sky do not advertise the fact that their service is interleave only. I havn't looked recently but I dont remember seeing it anywhere in the advertising blurb they sent me.

Its all very well saying people have been told several time and read posts about it on here, but this is an unofficial site which is getting bigger because of skys incompetence and disregard for its customers.

Maybe at the moment complaining about it will have no effect but if more and more people do then maybe sky will listen. Encouraging people not to complain is in my opinion out of order - the fact that this post and others like it appear in the "todays posts" section on an almost daily basis shows that it is an emotive subject.

I accept your point about costs and line quality however :-

1 The cost of sky max and the basic tv package is 25, there are plenty of bb only packages that will cost less than this if you arent bothered about the tv

2 If you have a good quality line then your download speeds wont be rubbish with other isp's and as some people have stated in posts on here dl speed is not an issue for them - latency is and would accept this.

You are entitled to your opinion just as much as everyone else on this site, so trying to discourage others from expressing theirs is imho out of order.

dave

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

I dont think i've missed the point. I personally think i've hit it head on. Its a bit like glueing meat to your face, its completly pointless asking for fast path from Sky. I'll explain why.

i work for sky, im a broadband tech, i would personally love it if i were to get fast path on my line, as im not bothered about download speeds. However, if i was to pester tier 3 in the same way that some people on here are about getting fast path, and I was able to get some nice tier 3 person to enable fastpath, That person could be risking their job. and im not joking about that.

Im not discouraging complaining. Complaining is a british institution, and apparently what most Britons do best. What I'm saying is, if your going to complain, do it in a subtle way. Why not make a proposal to Sky, showing the benefits of allowing fast path on lines.

If several people were to group together, in one group effort, i think Sky might take more notice. Be nice about it, dont always go threatening to cancel, and demanding compensation. Let sky offer it to you, rather than you demanding it. It makes for a better working situation.

you have to realise, that we are only following the rules laid down. if we break the rules, we risk being fired. if you were to get me on the phone, I would tell you exactly the same as what everyone else has said. I wouldnt even suggest opening a tier 3 ticket, as I know that it is pointless. Im sorry if that seems harsh, but it really is absolutely pointless having a Tier 3 ticket open. Its not gonna make a difference.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

If several people were to group together, in one group effort,
      Without sounding like a trouble maker, why not do this?

We can set up a thread where by those who are affected by this can add their name to the list. If enough people do show that their pings are crucial, then maybe Sky can consider this.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Added here:

Dear Sky Broadband

maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      If enough people do show that their pings are crucial, then maybe Sky can consider this.
      Have Sky ever actually said why they refuse to take interleaving off peoples lines if they request it?

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky want to impose INTERLEAVED as a stability factor and also when VOD is released, it is technically the better format to deliver VOD.

As for gamers, they will suffer in some cases and so a compromise I feel should be sort. But INTERLEAVED will cut down on support calls, so that is probably the major reason, as less chances of faults/errors on the line.

maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the explanation and the other thread.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast