Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

is sky broadband good for ps2/xbox online gaming, any help would be great thanks

This is a discussion on is sky broadband good for ps2/xbox online gaming, any help would be great thanks within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hello Is sky broadband anygood for ps2/xbox online gaming, Is the connection reliable. Is there going to be any restrictions ...

three is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cool is sky broadband good for ps2/xbox online gaming, any help would be great thanks

hello

Is sky broadband anygood for ps2/xbox online gaming,

Is the connection reliable. Is there going to be any restrictions while playing online and what are the pings like.

any sky broadband ps2/xbox experiences would be good wether good or bad

thanks for any replys recieved

2. Advertisement
      Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I have to say when my connection is up yes its fine speeds are good up and down therefore in game lag is cool.
      However i am still having to reboot my router most days sometimes more than once but if you can put up with this then it is a cheap service check what speed you would get from bt on your line and if they say approx 8meg no more that is what you will get from sky Probably.
      I am on max but can only get 8meg which is exactly what bt said sky told me 16 no prob, but hey a small matter line stability is ****e for me and many others check out a lot of the exchange threads on here and you will soon see.
      I hope this helps as i also enjoy a touch if killing my neighbours via the 360 and it is annoying when i have to reboot to connect as there is no indication of loss of connection or major slowdown on the router maybe as a positive on the new routers sky can install a reboot button and light cause we are not very good at the mo ment!!!!!!!!
      I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

three is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks shadow for the info, I have checked with bt and out of the 8 meg sky mid broadband i can get a minimum of 5. so if i got max what speed would i get i wonder. But with the sky packages u can upgrade your packages but u cannot downgrade them.

sirsilver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: chorlton
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      I`ve been playing RS Vegas and COD3 on my 360 online and i`ve not experianced any drop outs or latency.
      Up to now my Sky BB connection has been rock solid over XBL, i`ve been hosting many games and i`ve not had anyone complain of any lag which is good.

Parva is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Armley
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sirsilver View Post
      I`ve been playing RS Vegas and COD3 on my 360 online and i`ve not experianced any drop outs or latency.
      Up to now my Sky BB connection has been rock solid over XBL, i`ve been hosting many games and i`ve not had anyone complain of any lag which is good.
      My son plays for hours on his XBox 360 on XBL and has no problems whatsoever with my 6Mb down speed, even whilst I'm playing CounterStrike. Works great.

madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: is sky broadband good for ps2/xbox online gaming, any help would be great thanks

i havent hadany problems with xbox live on the 360 either, so far 5/5 for sky