Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Issues with connection

This is a discussion on Issues with connection within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, guys One of the main reasons why I choose sky in the first place after switching from virgin was ...

harshil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kenton Road
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky hub
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Issues with connection

Hi, guys

One of the main reasons why I choose sky in the first place after switching from virgin was because of the connection stability, yes they might not have the fastest speeds but they offered a connection with decent ping and stable jitter.

Recently, my connection has been terrible (for gaming). The main problem is the jitter which keeps jumping making online gaming a bad experience.

Also, I've noticed yesterday night that my connection kept going from like 40 ping to 2000, any ideas?

If you need me to post more information, please say (I'm new to this forum)

Note- I've just read about tier 3 connection and am wondering whether if someone could tell me more, or whether I should try and get it?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Issues with connection

I have closed this thread in favour of this one, as it contains more pertinent information.
      Issues with connection

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.