Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

How do i??

This is a discussion on How do i?? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Stop my SKY Sagem F@st2504n router from turning my PS3 ON by itself ,which in turn disablea remote play via ...

blueraven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

How do i??

Stop my SKY Sagem F@st2504n router from turning my PS3 ON by itself ,which in turn disablea remote play via internet to my PS Vita.
      Just to clarify i WANT to be able to remote play via internet away from home...

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: How do i??

Have you thought of pulling the plug on your PS3?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Have you thought of pulling the plug on your PS3?
      What a helpful post....From a moderator no less.....
      Pulling the plug on my PS3 will stop it from turnng on altogether,That will not allow me to use remote play with my PS3 on my PS Vita.....

kman28 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Banbridge (NIBB)
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

It shouldn't disable remote play. Unless there's an ip conflict ie if you've manually given them the same ip.

Ps is it wise to be sarcastic to a mod? Just a thought especially when you are seeking help.
      Sky Fiber 40/10 Connection - DL 39998 - UL 10000

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply....
      When enabling remote play across the internet on my PS3 , I turn my PS3 off and within 30 seconds the PS3 turns on thinking it's received a remote play signal.(must be a signal from my router)
      After 5 minutes it times out(as i haven't actually initiated a remote play connection) and disables the feature.

There must be someone who knows how to fix this problem as i don't believe i'm the only one.....

P.s Maybe the mod didn't understand my question so i apologise for my response....

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

What a helpful post....From a moderator no less.....
      Glad you liked it.

Shouldn't you have the PS3 switched on and set to Remote Play before you leave your house? There should be no question of the router switching it on as it is already on.

It seems even on the PS forums you are misunderstood.
      http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/18413168

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Just to clarify something, a couple of the responders in the PS3 thread have suggested that the issue is the router, but they have provided no evidence to substantiate this.

Can you prove or disprove it?

Do you happen to have another router which can be used to see if the problem occurs with that plugged in as well?

Perhaps the PS Vita is sending the signal early.

Finally I note from your post on the PS3 site and your profile on this site that you seem not to know which router you have. Do you have the white Netgear DG834GT or the silver & black Sagem 2504N?

Could you also post the firmware version too please? There have been a few different version released for each router.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Just to clarify something, a couple of the responders in the PS3 thread have suggested that the issue is the router, but they have provided no evidence to substantiate this.

Can you prove or disprove it?

Do you happen to have another router which can be used to see if the problem occurs with that plugged in as well?

Perhaps the PS Vita is sending the signal early.

Finally I note from your post on the PS3 site and your profile on this site that you seem not to know which router you have. Do you have the white Netgear DG834GT or the silver & black Sagem 2504N?

Could you also post the firmware version too please? There have been a few different version released for each router.
      I used to have to DG834GT and now have the Sagem f@st2504n.I should update my profile to show this....

Both of these turned on my PS3,Both supplied by SKY with their custom FW.....My current FW on the sagem is 5.23.1a4N.

Using a PSP/PS Vita Remote play on the PS3 can be done 2 ways.

1,By turning on the PS3 and leaving it in a remote play state.This way i can connect to it via my home network OR other networks with wi-fi using my Vita.(this way i have to leave it ON)

2,By enabling "turn on via internet/remote start" enables me to turn on my PS3 and have it goto remote play state using my Vita on Home network or a wifi connection anywhere.(This is where the trouble begins)

I don't want to do option 1 as that'll mean i'll have to leave the PS3 on 24/7 when on Holiday.

When i try option 2, as soon as i turn the PS3 off within 30 seconds it comes back on,I've not even tried to initate remote play from my Vita.The vita isn't yet set up so it can't send any signals to the PS3.....

I have read reports of the router sending ARP packets to the PS3,The PS3 thinks this is an attempt at remote play and turns on.When no remote play connection is established it times out and disables the function for power saving purposes.

Some people seem to have it working fine with SKY routers,Some people not...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Ok three things to try then...

There is a custom firmware available through this site for the Sagem 2504N. You could try downloading and installing this to see if it helps. There is a process to enable you to go back to the current firmware which you have too.

Next on my list is the custom firmware for the DG834GT. You will need to get the log in details for the router first. All this information is once more available from this site.

Finally, you say that the router is sending out an ARP packet for the PS3. Since you are aware what the PS3 is looking for, could I suggest that you download and install Wireshark on a computer and monitor the traffic? Specifically look out for such traffic and confirm that it is coming from the router.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

DG834GT isn't an option anymore as its broken...
      Custom firmware is an option,i'm going to try the wireshark option first..Thanks

I've already downloaded wireshark but i have no clue how to use it....Any suggestions of where to start please?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast