Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

How do i??

This is a discussion on How do i?? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok, the DG834GT is out then . With Wireshark I'm not the expert. What I would suggest is that you ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: How do i??

Ok, the DG834GT is out then .

With Wireshark I'm not the expert. What I would suggest is that you disconnect everything except the router, your PC (running Wireshark) and the PS3.

You could then monitor the traffic more easily.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      blueraven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Ok, the DG834GT is out then .

With Wireshark I'm not the expert. What I would suggest is that you disconnect everything except the router, your PC (running Wireshark) and the PS3.

You could then monitor the traffic more easily.
      Ok disconnected everything,turned off wireless,Just got router,ps3 and laptop connected.
      Set up remote play on PS3.

Using wireshark on laptop.Everytime the Router sends an ARP who is at "the ip of my PS3" the PS3 turns itself on.

EDIT Like this

3736 682.459769000 Sagemcom_ SonyComp ARP 60 Who has 192.168.0.***? Tell 192.168.0.***
      Last edited by blueraven; 28-02-13 at 07:03 PM. Reason: add details of wireshark

Thanks

Thank you for that.

Is there any game installed that is trying to wake up the PS3 or is the PSVita trying to reconnect?

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the PS systems could answer please?

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thank you for that.

Is there any game installed that is trying to wake up the PS3 or is the PSVita trying to reconnect?

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the PS systems could answer please?
      There are no games installed on the PS3 that would turn the PS3 on.

The Vita is totally off.

It's as soon as i enable the remote start start over the internet option on the PS3(it's just a tick box).

You can enable remote start without internet that will allow you to turn PS3 on/off and remotely play it on your Home Network.
      If you enable over the internet you can turn your PS3 on/off and remotely play it from any wifi hotspot.

RADZ1973 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01424
      Router: ASUS DSL-AC68U
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueraven View Post
      There are no games installed on the PS3 that would turn the PS3 on.

The Vita is totally off.

It's as soon as i enable the remote start start over the internet option on the PS3(it's just a tick box).

You can enable remote start without internet that will allow you to turn PS3 on/off and remotely play it on your Home Network.
      If you enable over the internet you can turn your PS3 on/off and remotely play it from any wifi hotspot.
      There is a setting on the ps3 that makes it turn on when a hd device or other devices are turned on make sure these are turned off. There is one in REMOTE PLAY setting called REMOTE START (turn this off) and another in SYSTEM SETTINGS called CONTROL FOR HDMI (turn this off).

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RADZ1973 View Post
      There is a setting on the ps3 that makes it turn on when a hd device or other devices are turned on make sure these are turned off. There is one in REMOTE PLAY setting called REMOTE START (turn this off) and another in SYSTEM SETTINGS called CONTROL FOR HDMI (turn this off).
      Thanks for your help,but the setting is called Bravia Sync and is to do with HDMI Video signals nothing to do with online.
      If i turn remote start off i won't be able to use it at all.
      I want to be able to remote start away from home without it turning my PS3 on every 30 seconds.....
      I need a way to tell my router to stop asking" who is" something to do with ARP

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      http://imaucblog.com/archive/2009/12...enabled-router

No doubt you've read this article on your travels?

It suggests that the solution is to be give the PS3 a static IP address and then set static ARP (Bind IP to MAC).

Problem is that I don't think static ARP is a feature of the standard firmware on Sky routers.

Maybe the custom firmware has got this feature?

Otherwise it looks like a 3rd party router that has got this feature would be needed?
      gymno likes this.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Off topic: Enabling PS3 Remote Start over the Internet (without a uPnP enabled router) | I'm a UC Blog

No doubt you've read this article on your travels?

It suggests that the solution is to be give the PS3 a static IP address and then set static ARP (Bind IP to MAC).

Problem is that I don't think static ARP is a feature of the standard firmware on Sky routers.

Maybe the custom firmware has got this feature?

Otherwise it looks like a 3rd party router that has got this feature would be needed?
      OK,That sounds like a solution to my problem.

Is there a custom firmware/3rd party router i could use....What about T+C issues?

Thanks

Whilst it is in Sky's TCs about not using any router other than one of their own, they have never banned anyone. The only issues tend to be with support. Some individuals get a little hung up over getting you to use the Sky router, when the issue is nothing to do with the router.

There is a custom firmware available through this forum, but before you try that, could I ask you to try the following please as I've been asked to see if it will help you:

1. Does this happen when only the PS3 is connected? Could you try disconnecting everything other than the PS3 and see if this happens.
      2. Perhaps it would also be a good idea to power cycle the router and perhaps try to get a new WAN IP Address.
      3. Finally, if none of the above works, could you try disabling the UPnP feature on the Sky router to see if this stops it from happening.

Please let us know how you get on with each of the above.
      speedyrite likes this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Whilst it is in Sky's TCs about not using any router other than one of their own, they have never banned anyone. The only issues tend to be with support. Some individuals get a little hung up over getting you to use the Sky router, when the issue is nothing to do with the router.

There is a custom firmware available through this forum, but before you try that, could I ask you to try the following please as I've been asked to see if it will help you:

1. Does this happen when only the PS3 is connected? Could you try disconnecting everything other than the PS3 and see if this happens.
      2. Perhaps it would also be a good idea to power cycle the router and perhaps try to get a new WAN IP Address.
      3. Finally, if none of the above works, could you try disabling the UPnP feature on the Sky router to see if this stops it from happening.

Please let us know how you get on with each of the above.
      1,Turned off wireless,disconnected all other ethernet devices.... PS3 turned on
      2,Power cycled the router before step one,Obtained new WAN IP.....PS3 turned on before and after step 1.
      3,Turned of UPnP,power cycled the router to check it turned off.....PS3 turned on.....

P.S Would the Custom FW allow me to edit the ARP table/Allow me to MAC/IP bind and stop the router asking the "who is " question to my PS3's IP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast