Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Slow Speeds at night (Stirling area)

This is a discussion on Slow Speeds at night (Stirling area) within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi So around 2 weeks ago I Ordered Fibre Optic braodband with Sky, it is due to be installed on ...

Tekko is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Slow Speeds at night (Stirling area)

So around 2 weeks ago I Ordered Fibre Optic braodband with Sky, it is due to be installed on the 5th March.

My problem is, ever since I made the order, every single night, around 8.45pm to 10.30pm my broadband speed is terrible.

I use it for gaming and it makes playing games impossible with very high ping and download speeds below 1mb (all other times I get 3-4mb). I normally get around 45ms during the day, up to 8.45pm and after 10.30pm. Between 8.45pm and 10.30pm it ranges from 350ms to 1000ms. It appears to go up and down very quickly.

When I call Sky, they are pretty much useless, they do not have a clue what is going on, they even tell me my line is fine and I am getting speeds of 4mb, when I know for a fact I am not, because I do ping tests etc. plus in game, it also tells you your speed.

They also tell me, they can't do anything to my line because there is an order for fibre optic on it, so I should just deal with the slow speed until the 5th March...

Does anyone have this issue?

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

Re: Slow Speeds at night (Stirling area)

As it's happening at peak times only, it may be that your local exchange is congested.

Try your postcode is skys checker here: Broadband and Talk service updates | Sky Customer Support

If it shows as 'exchange affected', then rest assured sky will be on the case & it should be sorted out soon.

If it shows as 'exchange unaffected', then take a look at this thread: (post #3 in particular)
      Congested exchange list.