Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

High Ping/Poor quality service

This is a discussion on High Ping/Poor quality service within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; First of all let me just clarify that i am no expert in ISP's etc, and most of what i ...

Luke1200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

High Ping/Poor quality service

First of all let me just clarify that i am no expert in ISP's etc, and most of what i know is self-taught.

However, over the last few months i have been noticing a whole host of problems with the service i am receiving.

Firstly, i originated with a ping of 55 or so upon first using our new sky broadband, this wasn't exactly the best, but i was more than happy with it. However around 2months (roughly) ago i began to notice that this had raised to a lowest point of around 90, regularly raising to at least 150-200 and even the odd time closer to 1000/2000. Considering i use my broadband for mainly gaming, this has been extremely frustrating.

Furthermore i have also noticed a dip in streaming videos, for example now if OFTEN experience buffering that i never had before, i.e. even when watching youtube/iPlayer.

Even when i run tests the results seem pretty frustrating considering they state i am slower than a staggering 84% of the rest of the country;

Also, having ran pings to bbc.co.uk in the command promt, the come back with anywhere between 150-300 and even the odd timed out request.

So that's pretty much it, thanks for reading and i hope someone can please please help me out.

-Luke

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: High Ping/Poor quality service

Can you post your stats?

How to get your Sky Router statistics

If possible, whilst in the test socket and as you are normally connected.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser