Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Like Tree3Likes

strict NAT type on black ops 2! router sagemcom F@st2504n

This is a discussion on strict NAT type on black ops 2! router sagemcom F@st2504n within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Nothing much wrong there, except your speed should be a good bit higher. This has nothing to do with gaming ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: strict NAT type on black ops 2! router sagemcom F@st2504n

Nothing much wrong there, except your speed should be a good bit higher. This has nothing to do with gaming or NAT in particular, but you should look into it. PLug into the Test socket and post your stats from there.
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

If you have put the console's address in the DMZ, removed any ports from the firewall and have turned off UPnP, there is nothing more you can do, except find another game that will work properly

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Buffblueyes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

yeah i know my speed should be higher but everytime i speak to sky they say its the best they can do, if it goes higher it will become unstable etc and all the usual rubbish i never get anywhere with them

those are the stats from the test socket lol
      yeah i meani have tried that but just aint happening, altho sometimes my ps3 goes open and my brothers is moderate but majority of the time there both moderate and sometimes strict
      strange thing is on the old netgear router the white one, the nat type was always open, very strange

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Sky are correct in saying that is the best you will get if you are in the Test socket. You must have a very poor line, which may he contributing to your problems.

strange thing is on the old netgear router the white one, the nat type was always open, very strange
      It is strange if you were getting open NAT on more then one box, as that router does not support multiple NAT with the Sky firmware. That was one of the old complaints about it. No Sky router did until the Sagem was introduced.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Buffblueyes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Sky are correct in saying that is the best you will get if you are in the Test socket. You must have a very poor line, which may he contributing to your problems.

It is strange if you were getting open NAT on more then one box, as that router does not support multiple NAT with the Sky firmware. That was one of the old complaints about it. No Sky router did until the Sagem was introduced.

yeah thats what i dont understand about it i could get a open NAT type for 3 ps3's on the old white netgear router but these new routers aint having it at all

so theres nothing i can really do to sort the problem out?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345