Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Random Lag Spike every 5-10 minutes SagemcomF@ST2504n

This is a discussion on Random Lag Spike every 5-10 minutes SagemcomF@ST2504n within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by MrNSewell only problem is, is that my Computer isn't wireless and ive tried wireless with the dongle ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Random Lag Spike every 5-10 minutes SagemcomF@ST2504n

Quote Originally Posted by MrNSewell View Post
      only problem is, is that my Computer isn't wireless and ive tried wireless with the dongle but its just not strong enough to be able to connect to games or anything ;\
      I guess another way to check would be to try a different sky router, old spare / borrowed etc.
      Even another 2504n but with the older firmware would do.

Not that that's definitely the problem though.
      Sky halted the roll-out of version 6.14.1a4N_UNI shortly after release, early august.
      It would be a bit strange for your gaming to be fine for 3 months with that version & only start playing up because of it now...

2. Advertisement
      MrNSewell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      I guess another way to check would be to try a different sky router, old spare / borrowed etc.
      Even another 2504n but with the older firmware would do.

Not that that's definitely the problem though.
      Sky halted the roll-out of version 6.14.1a4N_UNI shortly after release, early august.
      It would be a bit strange for your gaming to be fine for 3 months with that version & only start playing up because of it now...

Yes I agree its very strange but i played last night at 2 am in the morning, so this morning haha, but i didnt get the latency where i couldnt move i had minor "Attempting to Reconnect" popping up in game but it didn't affect my movement or anything at all, but i just played a game now and its freezing again so it's very strange. Maybe a patch of the game could of messed up the gaming side of it completely because when i am in skype and the latency rises i can still speak to my friends on skype very clearly which is very strange because ive told them ive got this "lag spike" and they hear me completely fine and I hear them clearly.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

TBH i'm quite out of my depth when it comes to all the other possible causes.

It would have been good to rule out the firmware, but in the absence of wireless or another router, i don't think you can.

MrNSewell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      TBH i'm quite out of my depth when it comes to all the other possible causes.

It would have been good to rule out the firmware, but in the absence of wireless or another router, i don't think you can.

Its definetely the firmware because my friend brought over a wireless card and it worked it was laggy because of the connection to my router which was quite bad but i had no freezes.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

OK.
      Skys official procedure for requesting a roll-back to the older firmware is here:

Sky Help Forum - Re: The Cause of the High Pings / TS3 / etc issues... - Page 7 - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

However, after reading subsequent posts in that thread, it appears things didn't go very smoothly for others.
      I'd suggest reading the thread from the page linked above onwards.
      I notice on the last page, someone with exactly the same problem as you ie: "Attempting to Reconnect" message on League of Legends & it only recently started happening.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12