Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Hub SR101 and Game Consoles

This is a discussion on Sky Hub SR101 and Game Consoles within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I can't find the post, but recently someone asked about whether the Sky Hub SR101 would work with multiple Xboxs. ...

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Cool Sky Hub SR101 and Game Consoles

I can't find the post, but recently someone asked about whether the Sky Hub SR101 would work with multiple Xboxs.

I can confirm that tests were completed with multiple devices on the same connection served by the Sky Hub SR101 and all appeared to be fine.

If you have a slow or busy connection, then obviously your gaming experience will be affected, but you should otherwise be able to enjoy your on-line gaming experience without too many issues if you have a good connection.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      forcandle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: carterton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Hub SR101 and Game Consoles

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I can't find the post, but recently someone asked about whether the Sky Hub SR101 would work with multiple Xboxs.

I can confirm that tests were completed with multiple devices on the same connection served by the Sky Hub SR101 and all appeared to be fine.

If you have a slow or busy connection, then obviously your gaming experience will be affected, but you should otherwise be able to enjoy your on-line gaming experience without too many issues if you have a good connection.
      Ok, thanks for the info. Here's another problem.

I have just changed from O2 to Sky and I use 2 Windows Media Extenders, one on WiFi, one on LAN. When I plug the PC into the new Sky router, neither Extenders can connect to the PC. Plug the old router in (an O2 version II router) and all is fine, just not with the new router. I have tried various port forwarding, firewall disable but as yet cannot connect.

Any suggestions?

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Did you reset the WMS and reset the extender key? Set up a Windows Media Center Extender device

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

forcandle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: carterton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Yes, tried that but the computer didn't get past the 2nd stage (of 5) of setup - said that it couldn't find the extender on the network. It sets up fine on the old O2 one.

There's obviously something different with this router but I can't find what it is.......