Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Teamspeak 3 problem - I am cracking up..

This is a discussion on Teamspeak 3 problem - I am cracking up.. within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, 1st post and would be grateful if anyone can help at all, here is the post i posted ...

Allan1875 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Teamspeak 3 problem - I am cracking up..

Hi all, 1st post and would be grateful if anyone can help at all, here is the post i posted on the Teamspeak official forums:

"Use TS with no problems at all usually but haven't used for a few months. Logged in last night, got the new update and i was having connection loss problems.

Here's the strange part. I can log into my TS server and sit idle, i don't lose connection. When my friend joins but doesn't speak, i don't lose connection. If he starts speaking, i lose connection within 20-45 seconds, which seems to narrow it down to something inbound.

I initially thought it may be something like windows firewall or AVG so i uninstalled AVG and disabled windows firewall but no luck. Apart from this i can't think of any software changes since i last used TS.

I have googled this problem without any success so any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated.

I don't have a client log just now and only get the error when someone speaks, so i will post one as soon as someone logs into my channel."

Now one thing i have to point out, i just moved house on the 1st of June and moved from Virgin Media to Sky. Last time i used TS was when i was on a different router and different ISP. Hours of trawling the teamspeak forums, i've noticed people mention router flood protection as a possible cause, however i cannot find anything in the routers config for flood protection. I tryed turning DMZ on and pointing it to my IP but i still had the same problem.

If anyone could come up with any ideas i would be extremely grateful as i hate it when a problem is getting the better of me, but this one is.

One extra piece of info, i can use Ventrilo and Mumble with absolute no issues, only Teamspeak.

2. Advertisement
      Allan1875 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Teamspeak 3 problem - I am cracking up..