Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem F@ST2504n + PS3 + Call of Duty MW3 = WTF is going on!!

This is a discussion on Sagem F@ST2504n + PS3 + Call of Duty MW3 = WTF is going on!! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi to all. I wanted to ask a question about MW3 online gaming on PS3. Firstly sorry in advance for ...

euphoria4949 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange code: EACLN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Angry Sagem F@ST2504n + PS3 + Call of Duty MW3 = WTF is going on!!

Hi to all. I wanted to ask a question about MW3 online gaming on PS3.

Firstly sorry in advance for the long winded post. Also I have read a few posts saying that the PS3 suffers with more lag than the Xbox which is fine I understand that, But goodness me I am seriously losing my mind with this game!

(My Problem) I'm a pretty decent COD gamer and on all previous COD's I had a decent KDR and would go positive in most games, (I know KDR isn't everything but it helps ). But on MW3 I am getting absolutely destroyed! I mean I'm playing against players that I can clearly see are n00bs by the way they play (no disrespect), and in 5+ years of COD gaming as long as I wasn't on a 1 bar connection I would have a really good game against these players, example lets say 25-5 TDM or 10-2 S&D. But on MW3 I really seriously seem to be a full second behind EVERYBODY! I shoot and shoot and shoot, and get hitmarker after hitmarker...... then.... bang I'm dead, I watch the killcam and I barely fire a single shot! I'm going negative regularly and at best I'm getting say 10-10 in a TDM. I've tried all different game modes, different playing style, I've even tried (I hate to saying it) but Camping But nothing works.
      I play in a clan and a couple of my mates who opening say that I'm a better player than they are, (I'm not being arrogant, they do say that), and they are going big time positive like 28-4 all the time! For instance last night I nearly snapped the disc, 4 S&D games in a row I didn't get a single kill, I was getting destroyed I just could not get near anybody, I was dead before the emery even appeared on my screen. So we all swapped over and played on Black Ops for a while, first game.......... Domination 52-6 and positive every game for the next hour or so lol. Arrhhhh MW3 damn you!! Sorry rant over

(My Question) Is there anything I can do to even slightly improve this??? I have no idea what these things do but I've read that changing something called MTU and DNS can help stuff sometimes Is this something I need to change???
      I have phoned Sky to put me on a gaming profile and I've set my PS3 up to have a static IP so I can add the PS3's IP into DMZ mode on the router. Oh and I've portforwarded all the PSN & MW3 ports even though the PS3 is in DMZ mode I've done this just in case.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm losing my marbles over this game Sad really I know it's just a game lol.
      Thanks to everyone
      Last edited by Isitme; 26-02-12 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Please refrain from blaspheming on the forum.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sagem F@ST2504n + PS3 + Call of Duty MW3 = WTF is going on!!

i'm a ps3 user, currently playing mw2 & killzone3, but still quite new to online gaming.
      i'm sorry if this seems patronising, but you could try posting or searching your query here:

Call of Duty - PlayStation Forum

i've also read on several occasions that mw3 specifically implements a kind of 'lanency levelling' technology.
      this has in many cases led to gamers with great pings being compromised, to the point where they struggle against players with worse connections.
      Last edited by gymno; 20-06-12 at 09:54 AM. Reason: updated link

NilSatisOptimum is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNNN
      Broadband ISP: Fibre 38d/19.5u
      Router: Billion Bipac
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      i've also read on several occasions that mw3 specifically implements a kind of 'lanency levelling' technology.
      this has in many cases led to gamers with great pings being compromised, to the point where they struggle against players with worse connections.
      Its very true!

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

mw3 is a problematic game everyone has been complaining about it I thought black ops was bad that's nothing.

RADZ1973 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01424
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ASUS DSL-AC68U
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by euphoria4949 View Post
      Hi to all. I wanted to ask a question about MW3 online gaming on PS3.

Firstly sorry in advance for the long winded post. Also I have read a few posts saying that the PS3 suffers with more lag than the Xbox which is fine I understand that, But goodness me I am seriously losing my mind with this game!

(My Problem) I'm a pretty decent COD gamer and on all previous COD's I had a decent KDR and would go positive in most games, (I know KDR isn't everything but it helps ). But on MW3 I am getting absolutely destroyed! I mean I'm playing against players that I can clearly see are n00bs by the way they play (no disrespect), and in 5+ years of COD gaming as long as I wasn't on a 1 bar connection I would have a really good game against these players, example lets say 25-5 TDM or 10-2 S&D. But on MW3 I really seriously seem to be a full second behind EVERYBODY! I shoot and shoot and shoot, and get hitmarker after hitmarker...... then.... bang I'm dead, I watch the killcam and I barely fire a single shot! I'm going negative regularly and at best I'm getting say 10-10 in a TDM. I've tried all different game modes, different playing style, I've even tried (I hate to saying it) but Camping But nothing works.
      I play in a clan and a couple of my mates who opening say that I'm a better player than they are, (I'm not being arrogant, they do say that), and they are going big time positive like 28-4 all the time! For instance last night I nearly snapped the disc, 4 S&D games in a row I didn't get a single kill, I was getting destroyed I just could not get near anybody, I was dead before the emery even appeared on my screen. So we all swapped over and played on Black Ops for a while, first game.......... Domination 52-6 and positive every game for the next hour or so lol. Arrhhhh MW3 damn you!! Sorry rant over

(My Question) Is there anything I can do to even slightly improve this??? I have no idea what these things do but I've read that changing something called MTU and DNS can help stuff sometimes Is this something I need to change???
      I have phoned Sky to put me on a gaming profile and I've set my PS3 up to have a static IP so I can add the PS3's IP into DMZ mode on the router. Oh and I've portforwarded all the PSN & MW3 ports even though the PS3 is in DMZ mode I've done this just in case.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm losing my marbles over this game Sad really I know it's just a game lol.
      Thanks to everyone
      Goto network settings in you xmedia bar and at the bottom turn off media servers this should help you a bit as it stops updates and thing during your gameplay.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

yea or it could be the game because cod doesn't use dedicated servers it relys on everyone's connection or a host