Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PS Vita WiFi Connection problem

This is a discussion on PS Vita WiFi Connection problem within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I've found this forum so helpful over the years and there's been a ready to read answer for everything ...

SusieQT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

PS Vita WiFi Connection problem

Hi, I've found this forum so helpful over the years and there's been a ready to read answer for everything I'd ever wanted to know - until now!

My OH has given into temptation and come home with a PS Vita but we cannot get it to reliably connect to our WiFi network. We have other consoles and hand-held devices, laptops, tablets, Blu-ray player etc. all hooked up with very few problems but this is completely beyond us.

Our router is the white Netgear one DG834GT using firmware version V1.03.23. It is in our lounge on a high unit and is generally reliable signal wise (though we do seem to have the busiest street ever for other wireless networks ).

Anyway, we have managed to get the Vita to connect once, but it has not managed it again - the errors we are getting are timeouts and also a C1-2650-3 error plus freezes on the WiFi settings screen. The errors log is empty. OH did take it back to the shop this morning but it connected with no problem to their in-store wireless network so they said it was fine. We updated the system software to the latest version using a PC connection, we've restarted it, reset it and rebuilt the database in case. The router has been reset and everything else that connects wirelessly to it is working fine.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

So sorry that my first post is a cry for help! I would have liked to have gotten this fixed for OH coming home this evening ready to have a play with his new toy!

thanks

Susie

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: PS Vita WiFi Connection problem

It seems this is a common problem with this device, thread from PS forum
      Why would the Vita keep dropping my wireless connection? | PlayStation® Community Forums

A couple of things you can try in the mean time-
      Give the PS a fixed address. Not sure how you would do it but there will be a manual settings choice somewhere in the settings. Use the following -
      IP address.....192.168.0.200.
      Subnet.........255.255.255.0
      Gateway.......192.168.0.1.

On the router wireless settings, unless you have already changed it, it will be set to Auto 108mbps, change this to 'g only'. Change the channel to No 13. You could download Inssider from the link below and use this to discover the channels in use in the area, but few use 13 so it might be OK..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

SusieQT (24-02-12)

Thanks

I've assigned a fixed address on the Vita and reserved it in the Netgear router setup as you suggested and moved the channel from 11 to 13 in case it was less busy but it still isn't happy. Looks like we'll maybe have to wait for Sony to do something with the software.

Thanks

Susie

Nutpiece is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi,

I was having the exact same problem with my Vita and although I'm using a differernt router my cause of my problem maybe the same as yours.

Turns out it was inverference from another wireless transmitter, in my case a little device we use to send the sky signal to our upstairs television wirelessly. As soon as I turn it off everything works smoothly. If you have a similar device or some sort of other wireless transmitter it could be that confusing your Vita.

Hope this helps you get the bottom of what's causing your problem.

Mark

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nutpiece For This Useful Post:

SusieQT (26-02-12)

Thanks

Thanks Mark, I hadn't thought of that - we have similar device upstairs so I'll try turning it off and seeing what happens.

Susie

Sadly it didn't work for us, I can't think we've got any other wireless transmitters switched on anywhere. Seems daft, doesn't it, that the Vita is the only wireless device that can't pick the signal up! Think we'll phone Sky and get a new N router as ours is one of the old ones. See if that makes a difference as there are so many wireless networks in our street already. We used Inssider to check which channel would be best but it didn't make any difference to the Vita.