Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PS3 Issues - COD - Please help me

This is a discussion on PS3 Issues - COD - Please help me within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Please can someone help me. I'm pulling my hair out here...... My technical skills are very very basic so please, ...

Johnny_tro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy PS3 Issues - COD - Please help me

Please can someone help me. I'm pulling my hair out here......

My technical skills are very very basic so please, any detailed info would be very appreciated.

I have a SKY Sagem F@ST2504 Router and Call Of Duty MW3

Im having major issues with this NAT/Restriction problem........after searching the web for the last two days and trying various things Im still not closer to resolving my issue.

On the game is says NAY@ Restricted (something like that) and I can't connect with friends to game.

I have been to the Infinity website but it just confussssses me even more. I believe I need to

1) Make sure I have NAT 2 settings < when I do network test I can confirm this is what I have.

2) Logon to my router and turn on UPnP < I have no idea what this is or who to locate it to turn it on? can someone help?

3) Make sure NAT is open < again, I need help how to do this?

youtube, gaming sites are just causing me problems. Can anyone help me please If I do need to do the above, can you please tell me HOW I access my router options to change these............

MANY MANY thanks in advance.............why do they do this

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: PS3 Issues - COD - Please help me

Unless you have turned it off, UPnP will be enabled in your router, as it is by default. To check, open the router settings and click Advanced in the top menu bar. Now click UPnP in the second menu bar and check that 'Turn on UPnP' is ticked. If it is, try unticking it, click Apply, then tick it again, once more clicking Apply.

In the event that this does not help, go into the settings again click the Advanced tab. Now click the LAN IP setup in the second bar and go to Address Reservation and select your PS and click Add. After that is done, click WAN setup in the second menu bar and tick 'Default DMZ server'. Enter the address you have just reserved for your PS and click Apply. While you are there, if Respond to Ping is ticked, untick it and click Apply as this is a security risk.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Johnny_tro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Many thanks for this info!

Can you guide me to the routers main menu/options? as I can't see these settings.

I have been going to explorer.........network.............then right clicking on the sagem router and clicking options.......

as I can't see the main setting I'm guessing this is NOT the right way to get to the router options. Can somone point me in the direction of how to get into them please?

sorry to ask

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

type 192.168.0.1 in your browser press enter then click on one of the options at the top it will bring up the login box type admin for the user name and type sky or your own password for password wow that was long lol.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Click this link http://192.168.0.1/

Username admin
      Password sky

All lower case.

Nice try DM, but the placement of this bit could be confusing - 'then click on one of the options at the top' It should have been right at the end.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.