Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hello all, new and i need your help with gaming!

This is a discussion on Hello all, new and i need your help with gaming! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Isitme I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding. You are on Connect, which does have ...

dholdi is online now Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Hello all, new and i need your help with gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding. You are on Connect, which does have Fast Path. LLU connections do not. To get on Fast Path Sky have to contact BT and make the request. It is becoming obvious that they do not know that BT use this mode and are giving you replies based on LLU. Depending on who you are speaking to, they might not even realise you are on Connect. If you call and ask them to escalate your request to BT, it may get some attention.

Your Profile gives the impression you are on Unlimited, which is leading other members astray. If you were on Unlimited you would not have received this response to an Official BT speedtest.

I can assure you 100% that you are on Connect.
      Good point, in my defence I admitted to not reading everything.
      The issue I have experienced with Sky having to deal with BT in the past is that BT charge Sky for any work they do on their behalf.
      Years ago when I was on Connect I had issues which Sky wouldnt get BT to resolve for I suspect this reason.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Dave our posts may have crossed, but he is on Connect which does offer Fast Path.

Edit; Say after me always turn the page before replying.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dholdi is online now Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Dave our posts may have crossed, but he is on Connect which does offer Fast Path.
      Yep, I realised that. However the point I was making is that in my experience Sky are reluctant to get BT out more than once due, in my opinion, to the fact that they have to pay BT.

Its a far cry from what I have experienced with O2 who had a BT engineer knocking at my door at 9pm after ringing them at 5pm.

Edit; Say after me always turn the page before replying.
      lol, got the tshirt mate.

mad_max926 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

okay guys thnaks for your replys im still confused so now i must phone again complain again and ask them to escualte to bt, the amount of phone calls ive already done is crazy and every time im being fobbed off "sigh" what is actually wrong with my internet? i want to get my pings times down because playing online is dumb for eg playing cod mw3 run round a corner enemy is facing me before the screen animates me rasing my gun im dead i watch the replay and it shows them see me and raise there gun and shoot me dead. The only way i can actually get kills is by sniping. my connection jumps up and down from 4bars to 3 bars the whole game and when i play with my friend swho live local i ge tthe maddest lag ever ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345