Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hello all, new and i need your help with gaming!

This is a discussion on Hello all, new and i need your help with gaming! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; theres definately something wrong because like i said the internet used to be much better than this, im kinda confused ...

mad_max926 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Hello all, new and i need your help with gaming!

theres definately something wrong because like i said the internet used to be much better than this, im kinda confused with what i need to say to an electrician? plus on top of that one "joey" of a spark tolld me he had put the master socket in my bedroom but upon inspection and removal of the front it appears to be just the fast plate and found free bare wiring behind the socket.

on top of this there is another socket in our spare room that has bare wiring and when the cable used to touch it removed the phone line and internet.

on top of this a sky technician recently visited our house and told us that there was a damaged piece of wiring in the loft and that we needed an electrician for it and that i was going to be related to some of the problems we had beeen having with out broadband.

so to me these 3 things sound like they could be causing some of the issues with this "interleave". how much do you reckon its gonna cost for a electrician to sort this out ?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Can you forget about everything else now and go here and do a speedtest. Copy and paste all the results.
      Test Result

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

heres a ping result to a server in maidenhead:

and here is the test you asked me to carrry out above

Download speedachieved during the test was - 4590 Kbps
      For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
      Additional Information:
      Your DSL Connection Rate :6048 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP Profile for your line is - 5000 Kbps

Exchange:
      Thanks

this is with a server in denver colarado i believe:

Thanks

OK the fact you were able to do the test and the result of it confirms you are on the Connect package, not Unlimited. Any problems you are having are probably down to being throttled.

Please change the Unlimited to Connect in your Profile.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

ok i got some progress and here it is:

telephone engineer came to my house and confirmed i have no faults on my line inside the house all extensions are 100%, so he fitted a adsl v10, which has improved download spped a lot gettin at least 6mb download most of the time. however ping is still bad slight improvement but still sucky.

ok so i phoned sky and asked to be put back on to fast pass, as they promised me that i would be able to use the fast past once i have an engineer confirm my internal connection is ok.

the people at sky were extremely rude when i phoned them and would not put me on the fast pass account. i said i would ring bak in a couple of days and see if there were any improvements, and if there wernt then i would like try the fast pass as promised.

so i phoned sky today and had a miniture argument with a total idiot telling me that this feature was unavailable, i then told him i had already used fast pass before, he was extremely difficult and eventually agreed to contact whoever to allow the connection to be changed to fast pass.

25min later get a call back sayin sorry mr. rudgard we are unable to put that request in as your line doesn;t support this feature. what a complete **** bag!

so now im left with extremely poor ping, laggy games and just general unlegit bull**** gaming on a positive the v10 works like a charm download is improved but still unlegit.

Any more help? any more suggestions?

oh and have a wicked x mas !

my connection used to be good wtf has happened?

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Unfortunately, Sky do not offer fastpath, although it is possible they never have.
      I havnt read all your thread so forgive me if this has already been suggested, your best route is to ask to be put on their gamer profile. Its not fastpath but its the best you can expect on their interleave service.

Exchange:
      Thanks

the thing is they put me on fast path or fast pass before and why did they promise they would once i confirm my extensions and wiring is ok and then tell me no?

more importantly is what am i meant to do, to fix my bull**** connection thanks for the input though

Thanks

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding. You are on Connect, which does have Fast Path. LLU connections do not. To get on Fast Path Sky have to contact BT and make the request. It is becoming obvious that they do not know that BT use this mode and are giving you replies based on LLU. Depending on who you are speaking to, they might not even realise you are on Connect. If you call and ask them to escalate your request to BT, it may get some attention.

Your Profile gives the impression you are on Unlimited, which is leading other members astray. If you were on Unlimited you would not have received this response to an Official BT speedtest.
      Download speedachieved during the test was - 4590 Kbps
      For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
      Additional Information:
      Your DSL Connection Rate :6048 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP Profile for your line is - 5000 Kbps
      I can assure you 100% that you are on Connect.

TomD

Useful Utilites

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

They may have done, mistakenly, I was on it for a long time before they noticed their mistake.
      The thing is as your line seems to have problems fastpath would make things worse as it stands, as although it is fast ( as the name suggests ) error correction is minimal and this would make things worse in terms of the stability of your connection.
      I will have a read thru all the thread and see if theres anything fresh that can be suggested.
      Dont hold your breath tho, its Friday which means a few beers and a game usually.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast