Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Internet struggling to cope with MW3 Online

This is a discussion on Internet struggling to cope with MW3 Online within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I've just stumbled across this forum today and thought I'd ask for some advice before contacting Sky. My broadband, ...

JLD_89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Internet struggling to cope with MW3 Online

Hi,

I've just stumbled across this forum today and thought I'd ask for some advice before contacting Sky.

My broadband, although not particularly fast, has held up well to the hours and hours spent on Call of Duty. I put my PS3 into a DMZ about 6 months ago - online gaming has run smoothly and I started to pull host for my fair share of matches

Loaded up MW3 on release last week... and the connection has been dreadful. Constant screen freezing, the game lags terribly. I wondered if something had happened to my connection but my old games feel fine and my speeds haven't changed.

Contacted Activison, they suggested I ask Sky if they're "Throttling, packet shaping or limiting bandwidth" and that I "might also want to get a line test." in addition to me answering their questions (listed below if they're of any use beyond research purposes...)

- Who is your Internet Service Provider?:
      - Do you have a bundle package (cable/internet/phone)?:
      - Zip Code:
      - Router Make/Model #:
      - Modem Make/Model #:
      - PSN ID:
      - Where was the game purchased (Best Buy, GameStop, etc.)?
      - What was the date where you first experienced this issue?
      - What game type do you normally play (Domination, TDM, etc.)?

There's a distinct split among people I know who are experiencing either none of these problems OR identical issues.

Any ideas what the difference could be? Will this 'Gaming Profile' make have an impact if all the other games play fine? What should I be asking Sky to try short of blaming Activision for producing a shoddy game!?!

Advice will really be appreciated, thanks

James

2. Advertisement
      deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: Internet struggling to cope with MW3 Online

its cod not your isp i had issues with black ops with my ps3 same issues lagging screen freezing it even was locking up the console altogether. i also have sky unlimited and i also put my ps3 into dmz i play every other game they run great when i put black ops in omg it was a disaster crashing lagging kicking me out of lobbies freezing etc. the fact is mw3 isnt on deadicated servers like battlefield. i went onto bf3 last night in multiplayer got straight into a game and it ran smothly no probs what so ever.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

we need to know your current connection stats:

How to get your router statistics

As well as some more details on how things are set up your end, e.g. wired/wireless?
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      we need to know your current connection stats:

How to get your router statistics

As well as some more details on how things are set up your end, e.g. wired/wireless?
      I don't know if I have the latest router, I took a stab in the dark on the sign up page. It's black, replaced the old white one a few years back.

Router Statistics in attached image

The PS3 is always connected by an ethernet cable. My download speed always reduces to 5000-6000kbps and upload to 500-600kbps when the PS3 does its own speed test. It's very consistent around that mark.
      Attached Images Attached Images

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      its cod not your isp i had issues with black ops with my ps3 same issues lagging screen freezing it even was locking up the console altogether. i also have sky unlimited and i also put my ps3 into dmz i play every other game they run great when i put black ops in omg it was a disaster crashing lagging kicking me out of lobbies freezing etc. the fact is mw3 isnt on deadicated servers like battlefield. i went onto bf3 last night in multiplayer got straight into a game and it ran smothly no probs what so ever.
      There must be a difference between our setups, surely? Black Ops (the ridiculous number of crashes aside) ran well online for me.

In the same way there are plenty of people playing MW3 the way it was intended (given the number of people I've asked and watching YouTube videos of games played on slower internet connections than mine) they must have set their kit up differently to me...

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hopefully a clearer image of my Router Stats:
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Internet struggling to cope with MW3 Online-routerstats15nov.jpg  

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Your stats are poor and show you are on G.DMT rather than ADSL2+. With your attenuation you should have a sync speed of 12-13mbps. Can you please plug into the Test socket and post your stats from there.
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLD_89 View Post
      There must be a difference between our setups, surely? Black Ops (the ridiculous number of crashes aside) ran well online for me.

In the same way there are plenty of people playing MW3 the way it was intended (given the number of people I've asked and watching YouTube videos of games played on slower internet connections than mine) they must have set their kit up differently to me...
      well what package are you on with sky are you on connect basic unlimited. if its unlimited then im on the same im on the upto 20meg but my stats have improved as you can see below

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Watched my granddaughter play at the weekend, she was kicking some serious butt on a miserable 2Mb Plusnet connection with god knows what ping.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Your stats are poor and show you are on G.DMT rather than ADSL2+. With your attenuation you should have a sync speed of 12-13mbps. Can you please plug into the Test socket and post your stats from there.
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket
      I'll be able to do that later this evening and will post results on straight away. Should be done by 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman1984 View Post
      well what package are you on with sky are you on connect basic unlimited. if its unlimited then im on the same im on the upto 20meg but my stats have improved as you can see below
      Unlimited as well. I'm told by Sky that 7mbps is the maximum achievable speed given the distance to the exchange.
      Last edited by Isitme; 15-11-11 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Corrected quote

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast