Evening all, so.. for the past, I dunno, 2 months I've been having major problems with my xbox Live connection and for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is (unless its a hardware issue perhaps)

So like I said for the past few months I've been having problems with my Live connection, sometimes it connects and works fine, other times it won't connect at all and comes up with various different error messages (can't connect to network, no DNS server, etc etc), a lot of the time it will connect on startup but when I go to play a game it will disconnect when the game is loading. I have to turn the xbox and router on and off again multiple times to resolve it. Last week it took me 3 hours to get connected So as you can see its all a bit odd.

I have Sky Broadband with the Netgear V1 router. I have all my ports open using the guide in the sticky, and I have set up a static IP for the xbox (which has helped a little bit, but I do still have loss of connection)

Internet works on other machines fine while this is happening also. I just can't figure out what the problem is i've used Live for years without any problems too