Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

I am being thick - port forwarding on sagem router.

This is a discussion on I am being thick - port forwarding on sagem router. within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi I am in the process of setting up my ports, which I have done before on other routers without ...

bigmike20vt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01440
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk Fibre
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I am being thick - port forwarding on sagem router.

Hi

I am in the process of setting up my ports, which I have done before on other routers without issue.
      I did have upnp set up, but my nat was always coming up as moderate, unless i went into my xbox, tried test network, and then resign into a game, then sometimes it would be open, sometimes not.

so i set it up a static IP and manually forwarded ports, and it all works (yay)

But i tried to do a bit of gaming with a mate on F1 2011 on my PC (its a GFWL title)

and i cant enter a chat or enter a game with him. I checked the ports and they are showing up as closed.

I started to follow a guide from
      Port Forwarding Xbox Live 360 on the Sagem Fast2504 - PortForward.com

but despite it looknig like the ports are set up correctly, when i test on
      shields up or using PFportchecker the ports are closed.

I am sure I am doing something stupid but any advice appreciated
      cheers

M.

(I even disabled my windows firewall to make sure it was not that)

Hi

I am in the process of setting up my ports, which I have done before on other routers without issue.
      I did have upnp set up, but my nat was always coming up as moderate, unless i went into my xbox, tried test network, and then resign into a game, then sometimes it would be open, sometimes not.

so i set it up a static IP and manually forwarded ports, and it all works (yay)

But i tried to do a bit of gaming with a mate on F1 2011 on my PC (its a GFWL title)

and i cant enter a chat or enter a game with him. I checked the ports and they are showing up as closed.

I started to follow a guide from
      Port Forwarding Xbox Live 360 on the Sagem Fast2504 - PortForward.com

but despite it looknig like the ports are set up correctly, when i test on
      shields up or using PFportchecker the ports are closed.

I am sure I am doing something stupid but any advice appreciated
      cheers

M.

Fiat Coupe. Gone but not forgotten

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: I am being thick - port forwarding on sagem router.

Try putting the Xbox into the DMZ and forget about opening ports.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Liam89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: West Auckland
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Don't know if this will help you but its what i have done on my setup for xbox 360
      I have set a manual IP address of 192.168.0.50 on my xbox settings and opened the ports on the router accordingly,
      This got my nat on black ops to open not moderate or strict,
      It works on everything else on live too,
      May be worth a go ?
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I am being thick - port forwarding on sagem router.-stats.jpg  

Thanks

If you feel you would rather not use the DMZ, then full instructions are available here -
      Setting up Xbox 360 and Netgear V1 router for Xbox Live

This refers to the V1 router, but apart from where you obtain the setting the procedure is the same.

There is very little, if any risk in putting a games console into the DMZ. No matter how you do it, you should reserve the box's address in the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

bigmike20vt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01440
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk Fibre
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

hi guys thanks for the info, i maybe was not being clear actually my xbox is ok for xbox live with the settings above, it is my pc which i am trying to use for GFW Live BUT which uses the same ports as xbox live. i think i confused myself in my message. i would feel a little uncomfortable putting my pc in the dmz but i could try for a test

thanks
      Fiat Coupe. Gone but not forgotten

Thanks

Don't put the PC in the DMZ. Put the Xbox in to clear the ports for use with the PC. Make sure your Xbox and PC both have fixed, but different addresses and reserve them in the router settings.

You may find it easier to reset your router to default, put the Xbox in the DMZ and set up the ports for the PC.

TomD

Useful Utilites