Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

black ops on sky connect

This is a discussion on black ops on sky connect within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just ordered sky connect and will be upgraded to unlimited soon, untill then is online gaming (PS3) impossible through connect, ...

andy.br28 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Darvel
      Broadband ISP: Sky + Talk + Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

black ops on sky connect

Just ordered sky connect and will be upgraded to unlimited soon, untill then is online gaming (PS3) impossible through connect, i mostly play black ops and know that game relies on a decent connection.... my usual speed on bt's llu was around 2.5mbs and a ping of around 60ms

I dont have sky connect activated yet so dont know my speed but have heard some bad stories about it.

Also does connect throttle all users or is it just those who exceed the limit, i would be worried that online gaming might cause me to exceed the limit.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: black ops on sky connect

To be honest you should have waited until the exchange was enabled by Sky. There are quite a few here who have been waiting for years for the upgrade after being told they would be done in a few months.

There are very few who have anything good to say about Connect, especially for gaming. You will find you are throttled at peak times whether you are a heavy user or not. To say the least, Sky's T & Cs are misleading in this respect,

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Shonk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC88U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Blackops has a really dodgy lag compensation system
      the worse your connection the better you usually do from the compensation

i wouldnt be supprised if you are running quite a few seconds ahead of everyone
      and rip it up

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

black ops is the worse game for playing online mind mw2 isnt much better i have been kicked numerous times on both games a pain in the ****

Thanks

hopefully mw3 will be better, problem is i am about 2 miles from exchange and the best i ever get 2.5mbs on a good day usually 2. I know download is not that important but my ping time are usually bad

Always on a 3 bar

Thanks

mw3 wont make any difference people wanted deadicated servers like battlefield has but there refusing to do it. so instead the psn and xbox live will have to suffer from peoples horrible connections.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      mw3 wont make any difference people wanted deadicated servers like battlefield has but there refusing to do it. so instead the psn and xbox live will have to suffer from peoples horrible connections.
      yes, pc get dedicated servers. mw2 was less connection dependent than black ops and if you were host then you had a big advantage, just hope mw3 will be more like mw2 regarding connection.

Thanks

i wouldnt get ya hopes up mate i used to love cod from mw but over the years its been wearing thin with every release same guns same perks annoying kids glitching hackers screwing up the game for others. but not only that the price has shot up to 45 pounds here which over the top just for one game mind 39.99 is bad enough but 45 jeese.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1984 View Post
      i wouldnt get ya hopes up mate i used to love cod from mw but over the years its been wearing thin with every release same guns same perks annoying kids glitching hackers screwing up the game for others. but not only that the price has shot up to 45 pounds here which over the top just for one game mind 39.99 is bad enough but 45 jeese.
      i remember playing cod 4 on the pc and it was great, in mw2 we now have these 8 year olds running about jumping off buildings doing a 360 and killing you with 1 shot

Cod 4 used to be bad with aimbots etc, it seems that every cod series is getting hacked and ruining it.

its used to be so bad that every lobby i found was hacked. Now mw2 is full of kids boosting in some corner of the map.

Black ops is the only one so far that is balanced with no cheats.... i would be more excited to see black ops 2 than a new modern warfare.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andy.br28 View Post
      i remember playing cod 4 on the pc and it was great, in mw2 we now have these 8 year olds running about jumping off buildings doing a 360 and killing you with 1 shot

Cod 4 used to be bad with aimbots etc, it seems that every cod series is getting hacked and ruining it.

its used to be so bad that every lobby i found was hacked. Now mw2 is full of kids boosting in some corner of the map.

Black ops is the only one so far that is balanced with no cheats.... i would be more excited to see black ops 2 than a new modern warfare.

personally mate cod is starting to get old i saw some videos of mw3 and it is basically the same **** over again the graphics look the same nothing new. they have said that they have removed commando and last stand if im correct which thease were the most hated ones. but they still have those juggernauts those enemies with big guns so annoying.