Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection dropping.

This is a discussion on Connection dropping. within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My connection drops frequently during online gameplay. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating and has been occurring for ...

Conner617 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connection dropping.

My connection drops frequently during online gameplay. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating and has been occurring for the past few months. I have phoned sky about this on multiple occasions (7 BLEEDING TIMES) and have gone through every single one of there troubleshooting tests such as running it through the test socket, using a different ethernet cable, changing the microfilter (even though I use a pre filtered socket so I did not really understand why the told me to do this...) pretty much everything they have told me to do has failed utterly, on the seventh phone call I was able to get them to check the line. This apparently has no faults. Can someone please explain to me why this keeps happening and if I am eligible to get them to send an engineer out to fix this issue.

I am using sky connect unfortunately as I live in a rather secluded area, and the router that they sent me is a D-link one.

Please help.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connection dropping.

Post your stats from the filtered faceplate and from the Test socket, just to be sure the faceplate is not failing.
      How to get your router statistics
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

This one of the many problems with Connect, Sky help can do very little about faults. Your complaint should have been escalated to BTO, they are the only ones who can fix faults on the Connect package. Have they said if they have done this?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.