Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Xbox Live slow/disconnections/router problems.

This is a discussion on Xbox Live slow/disconnections/router problems. within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Recently I've been having loads of problems with my internet when I'm on Xbox Live. I'm on Sky Connect, which ...

Neown is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+

Xbox Live slow/disconnections/router problems.

Recently I've been having loads of problems with my internet when I'm on Xbox Live. I'm on Sky Connect, which I know is terrible but i've not got round to switching ISP yet. My NAT type is open, and all ports are forwarded, and I get the problem on both Wired and Wireless.

Firstly, every few hours or so my connection (just on Xbox) will go terrible. My connection in game stays at around 3/4 bars, but I still get immense lag, and will sometimes disconnect me from Xbox Live. I can fix this by restarting my router, but I think there's something wrong with it. When i turn it off and on, i just get the light below the power light on green, and the 4 ethernet ports go green as well, even though there's only 2 ethernet cables plugged in, and the internet won't come on. The only way I can get in back on is by constantly turning the router off and on, and sometimes this can literally take about 100 tries. When it comes back on, the connection is fine. Also, I've noticed that when i turn the router off, the plug makes a weird high pitched buzzing sound.

I've had loads of disconnections problems in the past with the internet, and it still disconnects from time to time. The router plugs into a Master Socket by an extension cable, which Sky seem to think is the cause of my disconnections, but on rare occasions it will disconnect when the phone rings, despite having filters in place.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Xbox Live slow/disconnections/router problems.

If you are using a Sagem there is a good chance your PSU is failing. If you have another 12v PSU, try that. If it helps, phone Sky and they should send you another, maybe even a new router.

That is not going to help your basic problem, which is Connect. The fact that you are having to continually reboot is not helping as this will cause line training to kick in and your speed will be reduced.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.