Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection Dropping While On Xbox Live

This is a discussion on Connection Dropping While On Xbox Live within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello people. I have had little to no problems with Sky broadband until recently. I kept having sudden disconnection (internet ...

tomthumb88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WWPINH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Connection Dropping While On Xbox Live

Hello people. I have had little to no problems with Sky broadband until recently. I kept having sudden disconnection (internet light going off then amber then green) I rang sky and they sent me out a replacement D-Link router to solve the problem. After swapping out the old with the new I tried again. Connection would be stable until my Xbox gets turned on. After 10-15 minutes it does the whole (internet light going off then amber then green) again and boots me off live. This only happens when my Xbox is turned on. It is connected to my router via ethernet so it's not a wireless issue. Also for some reason for the last 2 weeks or so my speed has been dropped from 3.2mb to about 1.8mb. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      skyconnectsufferer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: holland on sea
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Connection Dropping While On Xbox Live

What sky Internet service are you on? Also could your internet stats from your router so we can see what your connection
      Is like?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Going by the OPs profile, Connect
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

skyconnectsufferer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: holland on sea
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Lol iwnte should have noticed that, to OP I had exact problem with Xbox live on connect I would get on Xbox live ok and start a match of world at war zombies with my friend then I'd lose connection to the game and as that happened the Internet light had gone Amber on router.

Personally I think you might have just been 'lucky' in regards to your sky connect being ok so far until now, try and find out if sky's main broadband services Have maybe become available to you and get on that, you will never encounter current problems you are having.

If you search on these forums you will see how awful connect is and as you can see by name I have the scars from my own horror story with connect