Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PS3 Port forwarding switching back to moderate

This is a discussion on PS3 Port forwarding switching back to moderate within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi everyone, now I have the feeling this kind of question is asked alot here but I have used the ...

owenp185 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs down PS3 Port forwarding switching back to moderate

Hi everyone, now I have the feeling this kind of question is asked alot here but I have used the search, infact I have spent a great deal of time searching all over the internet hoping to solve this. The problem is I cant seem to connect to specific people whos NAT are "Open" whilst mine is "Moderate".

So I looked about online and managed to find a way to get it "Open", which worked for a few weeks. Then it reverted back to "Moderate" while the router settings I changed were still changed. So I spent ages looking and found a list of ports for PS3 gaming listed so I added those two the services in the router, this put it back to"Open" for a few days but unfortunatly I have gone back to "Moderate" again.

This is becoming a real pain for me and I shouldnt have to keep going all over the interent searching for new solutions to fix this problem. I would really appreciate some way of sorting this problem out for good so I can enjoy gaming without all this headache. I would like to make the netowork open without changing back.

In our house we have 2 PS3's, 1 desktop and 1 laptop.They are all on the wireless network although this problem occurs even if its only my PS3 connected. I use the Sagem router so it would be great if I can get any help.

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: PS3 Port forwarding switching back to moderate

I seem to recall there being a problem with the sagem and storing port forwards which would explain why you keep fixing it and then it reverts them and breaks it again. You may want to make sure UpNP is on - this should automatically forward the ports when the PS3 is on.
      There was a fix for the sagem issue but I dont know it off hand unfortunately.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the comment, I have looked in the router settings and it still has the list of ports I listed for PS3. The UpNP is also on on both the PS3 and router. :/

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok I have followed the guide I did last time and my NAT type is now Open once again, I hope it works this time. Just incase someone else encounters this problem I'll put a link up. If it goes back to moderate I'll be back lol... GUIDE: PUT YOUR PS3 IN A DMZ - AfterDawn: Forums