Been having a weird problem with my ping the past day or so. My ping was fine and as normal whilst gaming all last night (Ping around 41 max to voice server, normal ping to my home server of around 44 and command prompt ping test to google.co.uk, jolt.co.uk, bbc.co.uk etc were also 38 steady). I had finished playing for the night and was on my voice server chatting to a friend and happened to be downloading a small file, around 6MB or so. My friend then told me my voice was lagging etc and this was when i first noticed any problem. I went to check my ping and I noticed my ping to my voice server was around 49 and to my gaming server my ping was around 60 or so. I had not restarted my router or touched anything at all last night so i find it strange how my ping increased that small amount. I know it's not even much of a change, probably not enough to complain about but obviously being a gamer i would like the lowest ping i can possibly get, even if it is just 10-15 lower.

I have already had my max delays etc reduced to 8 when i first switched over to sky but i phoned up anyway in case they had reset or anything. Apparently they were still at 8 but the guy on the phone said that there were some other settings that weren't configured right. He tweaked these a bit and also put me on the gaming profile and i managed to get an extra MB or two on my download speed which is great but i still had that small 10 or so ping increase from earlier in the day and am no further forward.

Not tech savvy enough to know whats going on through the wires so if anyone can shed some light on what may have caused this etc it would be much much appreciated. Will dump some stats etc below in case they help.

Router Stats:
Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 16432 kbps 1101 kbps
Line Attenuation 28.0db 16.2db
Noise Margin 7.4db 8.2db

Tracing route to BBC - Homepage []
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
2 38 ms 38 ms 39 ms dr0.hobir.isp.sky.com []
3 38 ms 39 ms 38 ms vl190.ar8.hobir.isp.sky.com []
4 56 ms 45 ms 44 ms
5 45 ms 45 ms 44 ms