Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Playstation and net in general

This is a discussion on Playstation and net in general within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by steve16751 Btcc22 Hi I am sure 100% percent The reason I have been on the connect package ...

Btcc22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Playstation and net in general

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Btcc22
      Hi I am sure 100% percent The reason I have been on the connect package for quite some time now have a look at Steve's Sky Connect speedtest blog also Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? and (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users plus I have been monitoring everyday morning noon and night for the last couple of years and that is the conclusion as it has not only happened to me. there are thousands of post on SkyUser alone about the same problems.
      Line profile changes are made in response to sync stability, not how much throughput you have.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Btcc22
      Hi it is easier if I show the different threads here is one to start also yes I agree But if you have look it is the Sync and throughput That Rambo (Rate Adaptive Management Box) can change line Because it is a Bt product. rented by The ISP who is renting the bandwidth. and if RAMBo it will change the sync and throughput until the ISP ask Bt to stop running RAMBo on the Customers Line Sky User - Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? and Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? page 4 post #32 also on page 163 post #1621 page 103 read the page also on Sky Connect - only getting 2mb speeds despite all stats showing as 8mb post #2 Been out for a meal and a few Drinks so if you do not understand I will explain more. It is the Sync speed and Throughput that Bt RAMBo can adjust. sync stability to a machine is an issue But if the line is being Throttled nightly by your ISP and RAMBo picks it up your Stability Throughput and Sync are going to drop that is a certain fact.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Btcc22
      Hi it is easier if I show the different threads here is one to start also yes I agree But if you have look it is the Sync and throughput That Rambo (Rate Adaptive Management Box) can change line Because it is a Bt product. rented by The ISP who is renting the bandwidth. and if RAMBo it will change the sync and throughput until the ISP ask Bt to stop running RAMBo on the Customers Line Sky User - Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? and Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? page 4 post #32 also on page 163 post #1621 page 103 read the page also on Sky Connect - only getting 2mb speeds despite all stats showing as 8mb post #2 Been out for a meal and a few Drinks so if you do not understand I will explain more. It is the Sync speed and Throughput that Bt RAMBo can adjust. sync stability to a machine is an issue But if the line is being Throttled nightly by your ISP and RAMBo picks it up your Stability Throughput and Sync are going to drop that is a certain fact.
      I couldn't find any supporting evidence amongst the posts you linked.

IP Profile, the maximum achievable speed on your line, is not determed by the throughput of your connection. Being throttled by your ISP makes no difference to the sync or IP profile.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I have to agree with Btcc22 Steve. If you look at the official speedtests you will see that the Profile remains unchanged even when the speed is throttled down to a few Kbs. This is what governs the speed you can get as set by Rambo. Rambo is clever enough to know the difference between throttling and line instability.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I have been talking with Sky and they agree that the sync and IP Profile changes Through Sky Traffic Management and Bt RAMBo look at page 10 post #100 and then to page 11 post #101 and on to bottom of the page. on Steve's Sky Connect speedtest blog this happens to me and a lot of connect Customers in the past majority have now left It happens to me every 3 months guaranteed.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I'm still not seeing it, sorry.

Traffic management has nothing to do with your sync speed or IP profile. Every post I looked at had an IP profile that could be explained by your sync speed.

::. Kitz - bRAS + IP Profile .::

I've experienced the same service as you through UK Online (Sky Connect under another brand), but it never affected my sync speed or IP profile.
      thinkbroadband :: Broadband Speed Test Results
      thinkbroadband :: Broadband Speed Test Results

On another note, could you check out Sky Connect - more bandwidth deployed? and let me know if you're seeing any difference?

Thanks

The traffic Management Team who throttle the connection and RAMBo who finishes of the connection I am talking of over 2yrs of tests and if you read the Bt test which was done when I was on the phone to Sky and was Sky CST agreed and got someone to ring me.

IP Profile went from 3500kbps to
      Bt speed test 14:57 24/01/10
      Download speedachieved during the test was - 1 Kbps
      For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-1000 Kbps.
      Additional Information:
      Your DSL Connection Rate :960 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 832 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps

Exchange:
      Thanks

The traffic Management Team who throttle the connection and RAMBo who finishes of the connection I am talking of over 2yrs of tests and if you read the Bt test which was done when I was on the phone to Sky and was Sky CST agreed and got someone to ring me.

IP Profile went from 3500kbps to
      Bt speed test 14:57 24/01/10
      Download speedachieved during the test was - 1 Kbps
      For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-1000 Kbps.
      Additional Information:
      Your DSL Connection Rate :960 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 832 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps
      Well, there doesn't appear to be any traffic management at the moment. All port blocks/throttles have been removed.

madiguk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

just a quick update few days after i got my mac code i got it the same day over to phone Yes i know holy crap, but anwyays a few days after i got my mac code my speed started to go up, and its faster the day before i move back to bt, should be with bt tomoz sometime so ill let yous know how it goes

Thanks

madiguk
      Hi All will go well. A good way to check to make sure the Mac Codes were the same.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast