Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Playstation and net in general

This is a discussion on Playstation and net in general within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Once i get bt broadband set up and that im just going to cancel everything with sky including tv and ...

madiguk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Playstation and net in general

Once i get bt broadband set up and that im just going to cancel everything with sky including tv and just use freeview

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

madiguk
      Hi when Sky LLU move into your exchange that`s the time to look at Sky again and there should be lots of deals with TV, Phone and Broadband. But it has to be LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) I hope all goes well with Bt. Keep in touch. on SkyUser let us know how things are going. I remember sparkey a member on skyuser moved back to Bt and he is happy with Bt on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?
      Then a Skyuser Member Saturday set this thread up for me because I kept doing Bt tests Steve's Sky Connect speedtest blog

Exchange:
      Thanks

Haha yeah was reading that ealier .

Well i will update this thread as bt get set up,

in the speed tests what does the 1419p/m mean?

Thanks

madiguk
      Hi I put a time and date to every test and I used the 24hr clock it should have looked like this 14:19pm 2:19 . There are a lot of threads about the connect package. The biggest Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? Ged one of the site founders started the thread of It was becoming to big so Gazz380 started (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users there has been hundreds of connect Customers leaving. I have been asked why I am still here. I have told Sky someone has to stay behind and turn the light out and shut the door on the connect package.

Exchange:
      Thanks

They should really be told that they limit it by so much even light users or people who barely use it at all. I dont know why ofcom dont do nothing about it or do something about there terms etc so that normal people aka parents etc who are not computer savvy can understand,

All ofcom need to do is visit this site which im sure they do to gather information from people who are on the sky connect package. If your doing anything else about it count me in i will help as much as i can.

I told the guy when i phoned bt the speed i was getting was ludacris for the price that you pay and so on he said omg are you kidding

Exchange:
      Thanks

Put my order through with bt for broadband be up and running by the 7th hopefully

Thanks

madiguk
      Hi I hope you took one of Bt`s new deals or offers. The Bt Rate Adaptive Management Box RAMBo is a problem for all Bt re-badged max products like Sky connect. When you are throttled at peak times by Sky Traffic Management team 4pm till Midnight RAMBo cuts in and monitors the Bt re-badged line and sees there is an issue on your line. Does not understand that the line is being throttled by your ISP so reduces your IP Profile and if you are throttled again RAMBo reduces your IP Profile until it sees that the line is steady and then you have to wait 72hrs without any throttle, drop or re-sync as RAMBo will pick it up as an issue so your profile will not go up more than likely down. The benefit of LLU Local Loop Unbundled is ISPs use their own Sky`s is DLM to monitor their own equipment no third party. So it is Sky and Bt that have caused the issues Sky for not Managing their internet Traffic better and buying more Bandwidth. Bt for being clever and using RAMBo at times when they know traffic management is in place which causes panic with the Sky connect Customers. I thought I would let you know what the issues are like

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thank you and everyone who has helped, least when i do go over my 100gb limit on bt unlimited they dont cap it like sky least with bt i can still play online games etc,

Guy on bt phone yesterday said do you go over that often i was like well depends, he said depends on what, with my reply depends what games and hd programs that are avaliable on iplayer

Btcc22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      madiguk
      The Bt Rate Adaptive Management Box RAMBo is a problem for all Bt re-badged max products like Sky connect. When you are throttled at peak times by Sky Traffic Management team 4pm till Midnight RAMBo cuts in and monitors the Bt re-badged line and sees there is an issue on your line. Does not understand that the line is being throttled by your ISP so reduces your IP Profile and if you are throttled again RAMBo reduces your IP Profile until it sees that the line is steady and then you have to wait 72hrs without any throttle, drop or re-sync as RAMBo will pick it up as an issue so your profile will not go up more than likely down.
      Pretty sure that your information is incorrect.

Thanks

Btcc22
      Hi I am sure 100% percent The reason I have been on the connect package for quite some time now have a look at Steve's Sky Connect speedtest blog also Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? and (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users plus I have been monitoring everyday morning noon and night for the last couple of years and that is the conclusion as it has not only happened to me. there are thousands of post on SkyUser alone about the same problems.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast