Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

need some help!! nightmare sky connection

This is a discussion on need some help!! nightmare sky connection within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I'm afraid the filters that come with the Sky router are often a load of rubbish. If you have extensions ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: need some help!! nightmare sky connection

I'm afraid the filters that come with the Sky router are often a load of rubbish. If you have extensions then you should fit and use a filtered faceplate. If your situation does not warrant a filtered faceplate then buy a good quality filter, it will make a big difference. Something like this -
      ADSL Nation LTD.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      madmanc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

hi thanks for the response , i will go try to find a descent filter of some kind . i have just the 1 master socket in the house and nothing else , should i buy a filter face plate anyhow and do away with filters from sky???

i see maplins do one are they ok?? dont want to wate till nextweek for 1 from the net!!

thanks

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you only have one socket a filtered faceplate will not help, except for appearance.

I have not used the filters from Maplins, so I couldn't really say if they are any good. If you mean this one - ADSL PlugIn Faceplate Filter : ADSL Accessories : Maplin it is very expensive so should be good.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

madmanc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

thanks for the response.
      dont mind the expense its a 1 off investment, probley just worth it for the finish look...... is it as good as a splitter or better? cheers

also to update you i wated 48hrs with no reply so i contacted sky and got put through to a great scottsman who was a real credit to sky.

after messing for a while he told me i should be able to get 8mb with no problem,after resetting the line and otherstuff he was amazed at what followed and said he had never seen anything like it, within 20 seconds it logged
      forward errors 115000 (onehundred and fifteen THOUSAND errors)
      and 1000,s of header, crc (i think he said crc but remember he was scottish lol) errors.
      needless to say theres an engineer scheduled for sat am 8-1pm (very impressed was expecting over a week) he said hell start at the green box on street then the copper pair and if needed the drop and master socket, so all in all fingers crossed maybe ill get some pes in over weekend.

he also offered to put me on gamer profile to reduce the ping ...... which even now is down from 40ms to 30-32ms . .

thanks for all your help and advice and hopefully ill be able to close the thread tomorow with the problem found for your archive!!!

thanks again

DarrylWilliams87 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Merthyr Tydfil (SWMT/EX)
      Broadband ISP: Xilo(Uno Broadband) atm soon Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Sounds very impressive indeed, I too have had to phone several times to confirm things with Sky and they answer quick very polite etc (getting activated on 24th)

If you havent bought a filter yet, I would get one from the link Isitme provided ADSL Nation LTD.

I have their faceplate version was having a hell of alot of noise before now its crystal clear, I did have the wire from my house to the poll renewed as well though cause it was sagging and dropping.

Keep us posted mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12