Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Outspark Fiesta-computer no techie!

This is a discussion on Outspark Fiesta-computer no techie! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Okay, so up untill about 1-2 months ago i had BT internet, but after my parents split up we had ...

elliotholtom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Outspark Fiesta-computer no techie!

Okay, so up untill about 1-2 months ago i had BT internet, but after my parents split up we had to downgrade to a cheaper internet, and my mother did it all without my knowledge and we ended up on sky.

Before the switch I could play Outspark's Fiesta for as long as i wanted at any said period during the day with ease, near to no lagg whatsoever. However now I can play okay during the morning 3-10am then it slowly gets worse and worse and i can't physically play after about.. 6pm?

My mum said she ordered the best package availible in my area, but i have no idea if she is being truthful or not.. Can a techie give me dumbened downed instructions on how to work out what my internet is, what my speed is etc.. and how i can improve it in anyway?

That would be awesome, Elliot.

2. Advertisement
      dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Re: Outspark Fiesta-computer no techie!

you may be on sky's connect package which aint the best [there may be no llu in the exchange ]basically sky give you a rebranded bt connection and they severely limit your use during peak time hence the poor internet ,u could check your exchange and see if it does have sky's there .SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search type in ur postcode and phone number it will list all the internet providers in your area and whether llu is available at your exchange

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

As dtr says check your exchange, if sky isnt listed as an llu provider then your on sky connect and until you get off it your unlikely to get a usable connection at peak. Ideally if there are any LLU providers on your exchange then transferring to one of them will get you a good cheap connection. Without LLU though your stuck with getting a provider of the BT rebadged product who doesnt throttle (costs more) such as PlusNet.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

elliotholtom
      Hi there are many threads about on line gaming with Sky connect it just does not work. Sky connect is Traffic Managed 5pm till Midnight and weekends so sorry to say at the moment there is no fix.

elliotholtom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

oh how crummy, i asked my mum and she said that when she changed she tried to get the sky ultimate package thing, but it wasn't availible in our area

As she signed up for a years contract am i stuck with it? or can i get out maybe do you think?

edit: using the samknows thing, my only two LLU providers are AoL and talktalk, are either of these any good?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

using the samknows thing, my only two LLU providers are AoL and talktalk, are either of these any good?
      Both are better than Connect. Probably cheaper too, but if there is a 12 or 18 month contract with the BT phone you will not be able to get either. You can move to another rebadged seller like Plusnet, who do not throttle the connection so much and have special packages for gamers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

elliotholtom
      Hi have a look at Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? you never know it might be going to improve. you could also look at (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users lots of information about the connect package.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      elliotholtom
      Hi have a look at Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? you never know it might be going to improve. you could also look at (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users lots of information about the connect package.
      If he can get an LLU service then theres no point in him staying on connect, LLU services will additionally also be cheaper and there'd be no more messing around with line profiles! Sky connect is always going to be crap because it's a BT product rented from BT by SKY.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Thanks

I know what the connect package is I have been on it for over 3yrs. The idea is to give options you cannot tell User`s what to do Just assist in hopefully pointing them in the right direction as elliotholtom Mother is the bill payer they might not want to move and as Tom has rightly stated.
      Both are better than Connect. Probably cheaper too, but if there is a 12 or 18 month contract with the BT phone you will not be able to get either. You can move to another rebadged seller like Plusnet, who do not throttle the connection so much and have special packages for gamers.