Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

After switching to Sky from Be* Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Online performs very badly!

This is a discussion on After switching to Sky from Be* Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Online performs very badly! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I am playing on PC and I was referred to this from by a PES Forum Admin to come here ...

BLaZiNgSPEED is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Cultures Pack
      Thanks

After switching to Sky from Be* Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Online performs very badly!

I am playing on PC and I was referred to this from by a PES Forum Admin to come here for more information regarding this problem SKY ISP Support Thread - PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite
      I have switched to Sky Broadband from Be Unlimited recently and I am getting horrible performance online!
      Whether I am playing with my opponent that is from the UK or not. The game runs weirdly.
      Its like the players are now skating. Basically its not actually lag, but it is something else. There is half a second button lag though when pressing the button on gamepad.
      The players are moving weirdly across the pitch like as if they are skating, or how shall I put it, running like snakes.

All ports are opened when I test the Konami PES 2010 port checker it states that everything is opened. I tried with both the Sky Router and my Netgear DGN 2000 router, performance is the same!
      These are my speedtest results.
      There is a slight deterioration in speedtest too compared to Be* Unlimited. With BE I was getting 13-14 Mbps and upload speeds of 1.06 Mb/s.

Sky's max speed is 12.39 or 12.42. Which is actually not acceptable. Since I am living right next to the exchange. Skys exchange is in bishopsgate. I live in London, very close, walking distance from my home.

Although. In the letter they said that I needed to have my Sky router switched on for 10 days, however, I didn't have a supported sky router for 10 days, so maybe that's why they couldn't test and correct my connection speed.

But anyway. Back to this problem that I am having, which I am surprised why the players are running like that weirdly. Never have I experienced this problem in Be Unlimited. Also when I am trying to upload vidoes using Xfire they are much slower than they are before. The actual videos are running like snail and I mean like the speed of how a snail moves!

I am more than 10 days with Sky BB so far after I switched, nothings improved. Not had one good game of PES 2010 online after my switch.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: After switching to Sky from Be* Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Online performs very ba

Post your router stats. How to get your router statistics

Remember, speed is an upto 20mb and various things can effect it, distance being one of them. That said, you should easily be able to play online games with what you currently have.

Are you usig wireless??? if so, try a wire and see if it improves, wireless is a no go for good gaming.

Thanks

Re: After switching to Sky from Be* Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Online performs very ba

System Up Time 00:23:18
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 28127 45053 0 5415 44054 00:22:18
      LAN 10M/100M 45488 28965 0 43030 5800 00:23:14
      WLAN 11M/54M/270M 472 0 0 104 0 00:22:59

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 14334 kbps 944 kbps
      Line Attenuation 27.0 db 12.9 db
      Noise Margin 6.7 db 7.6 db

This is what I am getting currectly.
      I am using wire and my mums using wireless connection.
      I shouldn't really have problems with lag.
      I am playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 with no problems online.

However, with PES 2010 I am experiencing this problem, which I never had with Be Unlimited.
      It happened immediately after switching to Sky Broadband.
      With Be I was getting minimum speed test 13, max 14-15.
      But with Sky I am getting minimum 11 max 12.42 Mbps. The upload speed I am getting 0.67 and max 0.80.

Compared with Be's upload speed of 0.90 minimum max 1.06 Mbps.
      Sky Broadbands exchange is meant to be closer to my home than when I had previously with Be Unlimited.

Yet I had better speeds with BE compared to Sky.
      Only reason why I switched to sky is because sky reckoned that they improved their service with thier 20 Mb max speed and that they offered the 6 months free broadband. That was basically one of the only reasons I switched.

But now I don't know why I am getting unexpected performances when playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2010.
      And after looking in Pro Evos official fansite forum. They reckon that Sky Broadband has its clear problem.

SKY ISP Support Thread - PESFan - Pro Evolution Soccer Fansite
      I don't know what's the problem or if there is a solution to this problem.

But PES is a very important game for me.
      Okay, so here's what the Admin from PES said...
      "For Sky we seem to have discovered some clear problems with Sky that can be resolved by visiting this forum http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/"

So what is the solution for this then? Now that I am here in this forum.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

Phone up sky and get them to reduce your max delays to 8 for gaming as a start!
      Do post your stats as smithy asks though!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Sky Broadbands exchange is meant to be closer to my home than when I had previously with Be Unlimited.
      I don't know what you mean by this as unless you have also moved house, your line will be coming from the same exchange. If you are referring to Sky's servers, this has little to do with internet speed.

You could try using OpenDNS servers, many find they perform better than Sky's. The free Basic service will be good enough for your requirements.
      OpenDNS > Use OpenDNS

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Yeah its weird. The lag continuous.
      I have even reinstalled PES 2010 and I am getting same results. I only had 1 or 2 smooth games with a German guy and one from Jordan.

The rest are laggy.

I seem to have now better upload speeds than before.

I tried to make an experiment by playing in moments where my upload speeds are at their highest. But the strange laggy performance still continuous.

I haven't called up Sky yet. Even though now I have 0.94 Mb/s compared to before with 0.80. It lags again.

So surely it can't be a speed related issue. Considering the fact that the upload speeds are more or a less the same as with my previous ISP, BE Unlimited. The download speed should be satisfactory enough for online play.

Every other game works perfectly well online, except for PES 2010.
      Its not a PES 2010 online problem either.
      Back in November 2009 I opened up this thread showing how happy I was for PES 2010 online. PES 2010 has finally improved online no more lag (screenshots for evidence)!!! - Evo-Web Forums
      How happy I was back then was unbelievable, no negative comment whatsoever! It can't be that this same person 'BLaZiNgSPEED' at the moment is complaining about lag issues for that very same game which I was showing my delight for back in November 2009!
      I expect improvement, not deterioration.

PES 2008 and PES 2009 when I was with Sky, I had huge lag back then. PES 6 was wonderful online with absolutely no lag and I was with Tiscali back then.
      PES 2010 was the best online game in 4 years! And I was with Be Unlimited.

Halfway through the year I go back to Sky and lag started with PES 2010, coincidence?

Anyway, these are my router stats

System Up Time 11:24:43
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 244198 315190 0 1217 7714 11:23:47
      LAN 10M/100M 317239 249705 0 7859 1384 11:24:39
      WLAN 11M/54M/270M 4511 0 0 30 0 11:24:24

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 14123 kbps 1101 kbps
      Line Attenuation 27.0 db 14.3 db
      Noise Margin 8.2 db 8.2 db

I mean, they are more or a less the same as what I had with my previous ISP. Except that Be Unlimited were giving me 2-4 Mbps more than sky. I can sacrifice a shortage of 2-4 Mbps. But I can't really sacrifice a game that I play the most.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

You didn't answer the most imprtant question, are you using wireless

If you are, try a wire

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Thanks

You need to get sky to reduce your max delays to 8 to reduce lag first before doing anything.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

gazzer1230 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: be pro
      Thanks

unfortunately you should never of changed from be ,they are by far the best broadband for gameing, sky is average at best even when youre wired and have got your max delays changed they still arnt good enough ,youve got to go through a whole rigmarole of phoning sky pratting about with cables and the end result is average gameing sometimes laggy sometimes not so bad they pretend to be listening to gamers but they aint doing enough to help ,ive tried loads of broadband providers all which couldnt offer more than 7 to 8 meg download and half meg upload after changing to be i now get 17 meg down and just over 2 upload which is the main requirement for lag free gameing get back to be