Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

2 Xbox's Router Setup

This is a discussion on 2 Xbox's Router Setup within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all I am going to get a new router as want to set up 2 xbox's via it and ...

ffc
      ffc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

2 Xbox's Router Setup

Hi all I am going to get a new router as want to set up 2 xbox's via it and have been reading that only some router will fully support this.

After some research I decided to go for the D-Link DSL-2640R but do I need to set anything up on the router to allow both xbox's to work correctly or will it be done automatically?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      PaPaCeeJay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 2 Xbox's Router Setup

You only have to enable UnPnP in your router settings, but beware I have this router & lost patience with it, it kept dropping connection so i sent it back thinking it was faulty D-Link sent me back a replacement only for it to do the same.
      Im back on my SKY Netgear now , if you can get a D-Link DSL-2640B its an old model thats being replaced by the R, im still in 2 minds wether to try it out again.

Johneboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wimborne
      Broadband ISP: None while I endlessly wait for Sky!!!
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 2 Xbox's Router Setup

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaCeeJay View Post
      You only have to enable UnPnP in your router settings, but beware I have this router & lost patience with it, it kept dropping connection so i sent it back thinking it was faulty D-Link sent me back a replacement only for it to do the same.
      Im back on my SKY Netgear now , if you can get a D-Link DSL-2640B its an old model thats being replaced by the R, im still in 2 minds wether to try it out again.

I received the DLink DSL-2640B I bought on ebay a few days ago. After updating it to the latest firmware, I connected it up to Sky broadband, connected the pair of 360's that we have in the house and straight away had Open NAT confirmed on both of them at the same time. I've had no problems since and the wireless signal is superb, compared to the numerous routers I've tried.

These can now be picked up on ebay for 12 or less and seem to be a real bargain. They do run very hot, so be sure use one in plenty of space.