Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Xbox live

This is a discussion on Xbox live within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Could you help me a bit the portforwarding site is one of the ones on my list what i cant ...

cleverdave2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: longton
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Could you help me a bit the portforwarding site is one of the ones on my list what i cant get on doh what i have done is gone to services and set up 2 udp ports for 88 and 3074 is this right and also having problems setting up a static ip i went to my network connections and changed the tcp/ip settings in properties to 192.168.0.6 and turned off dhcp in the router settings but then it disconnects my internet connection cant get back on

2. Advertisement
      hellfire18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GARFORTH
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      sounds like im in for a lot of fun tonight setting this up!

Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy finally

Wey Hey i finally got all that is coming to me faster broadband access to the whole net (well so far) and XBOX live works now as well and the price is right.
      but hello now my xbox is crashing all time and i have had to send it away to hospital for a while .
      Any way the point is people if you are having trouble accessing live since joining sky and you never had the problem before with your old isp then try to have a little patience (hehe says me) its all related and sky with easynet will sort your problem out. It may take a while took me 8 weeks but overnight your issues will be resovled you will get on to live and access all the sites.
      The issue isn't your end (if you have already had the service in the past with a different isp) patience is a oh i forget the rest but you get the idea.

pixt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Wow

I am a max user and am definately getting frustrated with latency problems on WoW. My latency is never under 250 and I have even been at 10,000 which cuts me off and I cant get back in for ages.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can improve my connection speed I would definatley appreciate it as I cant even walk across Ironforge without getting thrown off. I haven't been able to do any serious questing for 2 weeks now and when I speak to Sky they dont have any idea what they are talking about.........

Thanks,

Pixt

barrybwoy44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: merrylee, glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      is everyone on the connect package having a suitable xbox live experience?

i find that my connection fails more often than not and testing the connection, it appears to be on different tests each time.

Can anyone advise suitable settings for the xbox in the router?

I have forwarded the ports as detailed in the forum and i have set my MTU to above the value required?

Please help, i urge you!!

smokie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      hi i used this for my xbox live and works fine

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...x_Live_360.htm
      i know im right " she told me i was "

smokingreen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well Ive just got sky bb (max), which was a totally smooth and painless experience. I phoned up around 12 days ago, after a bit of faffing with parcelforce to actually get the router to my house, I plugged it in and everything worked. Im very happy at the moment, from reading around I feel very lucky for it to have gone so smoothly.

Most importantly, sky bb came on the same day I got Gears of War! So far sky has been fine with xbox live. Played for a couple of hours last night with no problems.

Just wanted to share some of the good news with you all, as I know xbox live was important to me, so it may be to someone else deciding whether to take the plunge!

The only thing I have done (to improve stability) is increase my noise margine. If you put the folloing link in your browser:

http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=pi...gure+--snr+200

It will double your noise margin (I dont know if this is exactly what it does, but it appears to), if you dont like it replace the 200 with 100 and you will be back to normal. Of course this is accomplished by a loss in line speed but I found that stability (especially in the day) gave far better gaming results than the slight increase in speed.

Moonknight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Came across this forum trying find out if what I'd just been told was true!...Have recently bought my 360, and was already connected to skybroadband. I've been having probs logging in, so e-mailed them about this and also asked about the best way to connect my 360.I was told by the tech dept via customer service that,in no way, wireless or wired, would I be able to connect my 360!...Now I don't know what to do!!!

smokingreen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well that seems a little odd as I have connected perfectly fine, and do so every day!

When you run the 'test connection' option on the xbox, at which stage does it fail?
      Last edited by smokingreen; 11-12-06 at 11:14 AM. Reason: sp

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I was told by the tech dept via customer service that,in no way, wireless or wired, would I be able to connect my 360!...Now I don't know what to do!!!
      Next time you speak to them tell them that you can use the 360 on Sky broadband.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast