Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is the netgear dg834gt (white router) compatible with new "N" xbox wireless adaptor

This is a discussion on Is the netgear dg834gt (white router) compatible with new "N" xbox wireless adaptor within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I bought the new wireless adaptor (with 2 aerials) for my Xbox after using the older wireless one for a ...

Redsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ruislip
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Is the netgear dg834gt (white router) compatible with new "N" xbox wireless adaptor

I bought the new wireless adaptor (with 2 aerials) for my Xbox after using the older wireless one for a few years, but is the standard white sky router compatible or am i just getting the same speed as before?

2. Advertisement
      skyconnectsufferer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: holland on sea
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet pro
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Is the netgear dg834gt (white router) compatible with new "N" xbox wireless adapt

the only netgears that do a n signal are the newer netgear dgn2000 and the dgnd3300.

i think they a bit pricey as well being newer tech

at the moment u are just getting the maximum possible regular wireless signal.

Thanks

Re: Is the netgear dg834gt (white router) compatible with new "N" xbox wireless adapt

I wouldn't mind paying for a new router but are you allowed to replace the current sky one with one you buy yourself or do you have to combine them in some way?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Why spend money on wireless, it is a terrible way to connect to a games console.

Get a couple of homeplugs and then you will have a wired type connection with none of the issues that you get with wireless.

Thanks

wired connections are best for gaming as they are the most reliable and the homeplugs are good too, my friend has them for his xbox360 and work a treat,my 360 is in my living room near the router and telephone socket so i have no need for one otherwise i would go for the homeplug method myself.

the new n routers though are quite impressive ive read that they offer a much more stable connection than the current g and b standard and seeing as you have already forked out for the xbox n adaptor it only makes sense that we try and help you on your way.

ive seen on here before of people connecting a second router to the sky one like u asked and disabling the wireless signal on the sky router so they can use the n signal on the second one.

hopefully someone else will read this and help you into the specifics of how to achieve this.

Thanks

Might look into homeplugs but as I have a couple of xboxs and other wireless devices so would like to get a n signal up and running if possible. Anyway if anyone has managed this let me know!

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Using your own router breaks the T&C's but many do it without issue, you can also piggy back them, either way will work.

Thanks