Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I Can NEVER Get a 4 Bar Connection on CODMW2 !!

This is a discussion on I Can NEVER Get a 4 Bar Connection on CODMW2 !! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Only 3 bars or less. And i'm not sure why, my upload speed seems adequate, and so does my ping ...

Rza
      Rza is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I Can NEVER Get a 4 Bar Connection on CODMW2 !!

Only 3 bars or less. And i'm not sure why, my upload speed seems adequate, and so does my ping ... or maybe it isnt?

What could I do to improve my gaming?

This is on Xbox 360 btw

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: I Can NEVER Get a 4 Bar Connection on CODMW2 !!

If you are using wireless, try a wire or homeplugs, also if you haven't, ring Sky and ask for your max delays to be reduced to 8, this will improve your ping times.

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Not sure about the 360 but me 18yr old tells me on the PS3 around 3 bars is normal.
      "To help would be a great adventure"

cornishsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Helston
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Please be aware there is a problem with the matchmaking with the Xbox 360 version!, The game defaults to an American host no matter what, and only on a rare occasion will even a virgin media 50mb subscriber even achieve host. VERY few outside the US will achieve 4 bar connection, bear a thought for the aussies they only ever get red bars. The PS3 version has had matchmaking fixed!
      (Nobody knows for sure if it is being patched, It is neither confirmed or unconfirmed by Infinity Ward)

Your best bet for obtaining the four bars is to do as smithy suggested and get your max delays changed to 8, I had this done for me and sky reduced my 17mb to 10mb capped. So beware what you gain in ping you may lose a huge amount of speed, and to be honest i preferred the extra 30ms ping and getting a much faster broadband experience...thanx sky!

Perhaps its time for a sticky about this Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 situation?

Thanks

Post your router stats, according to your speedtest, you are still around the 17mb mark, there is no need to reduce your connection by 7mb just to sort out the max delays.

Thanks

Hi Smithy, i really appreciate your wanting to help, and just to let you know i've just edited my sig with my new results, since being capped at 10235kbps down.

Its a really long story, to be honest, (and not wanting to hijack yet another MW2 lag problem thread lol, no offence) since trying to have my max delays sorted and my speed fixed, blah blah blah, my experience has be somewhat fraught with problems with sky customer services. (It was impossible for me to get past tier 1) my emails took 5 days to get responses....oh boy the list goes on and on. But now, thats it I have had enough of phoning & emailing, my situation will go no further because i just go round and round in circles, I will not waste anymore of my time trying to get some sort of service from sky, Im not quite sure whose in charge over there but they need to understand you have two main levels of service they need to cater for, 1. People who know what they're talking about and 2. The average person who isn't computer literate. Not one fits all... If i hear just one more time have i checked my microfilter im going to cry for weeks on end.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, thanks, but it would be fruitless in my situation they don't seem to be able to understand broadband delivery, and every single time they look at my connection they decide to go crazy and do the weirdest things, having my line capped at 10235 because i asked for a max delay change was the last straw!!!

I feel a tear in my eye just talking about it! Oh the pain...

P.S If i could just get a dedicated line to my flat it would solve all my problems, can you fit me one please!
      Last edited by cornishsky; 06-01-10 at 08:45 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Thanks

Yes I can, it will be 1000 per meter

Post your stats anyway, we here have a few tricks that may get you to CST without all the heartache. I have my max delays reduced to 8 and still get 18mb, I had no reduction in speed, certainly not that amount anyway.

Thanks

Hahaha thanks smithy sounds perfect, any chance of an IOU much...much later sorta deal, hahhaa

Like I said, its very complicated, and please don't say CST, its a dirty word round my house!

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 10235 kbps 797 kbps
      Line Attenuation 17 db 7 db
      Noise Margin 19 db 15 db

Enjoy

Thanks

Your line is quite heavily capped.

Eaiest way (you don't want to hear this) is to ring uo Sky, tell them you want to have your max delays educed as you are a gamer, they will put you through to CST, when they do, tell them that you want you line to be re-configured manually.

They can do this whislt you are on the phone to them and check for errors at the same time, you seem to have quite a good line no reason why you shouldn't get 16+mb

Thanks

phone sky.... let me think about that for a while...... umm no! That is one thing i will not be doing anytime soon lol, like i said if i hear one more person say have you checked your micro filter , have you switched your router on/off, i just may scream.
      I cant take the lack of tecky staff, max delays, nobody on tier 1 knows what that is! and they wont let me be put through, they point blank refuse, i tried the ringing back until you get someone who knows, i must have spoken to every member of staff over a 7 day period! Spending over 10 hours in fruitless phone calls really can put you off, I only got my max delays changed by emailing them, there was no other way to do it!

when i tried to leave sky in june, I wasn't allowed to!, the lady just said 'No' no reason just not allowed... that was a fun conversation i can tell you. Eventually i received a letter of cancellation, but thats another long, stressful story!

Phoning sky... JUST SAY NO! hahaa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast