Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't connect Xbox online with wireless adapter

This is a discussion on Can't connect Xbox online with wireless adapter within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, on behalf of my 10 year old please help ! We purchased a xbox 360 elite for xmas and ...

Giles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can't connect Xbox online with wireless adapter

Hi, on behalf of my 10 year old please help !

We purchased a xbox 360 elite for xmas and i bought the wirless adapter which goes with it.

I plugged it all together and the green light keeps blinking on the adapter and i can't get it to find my wireless network. I have tried putting the xbox in the same room as the wirless router but still no joy. I have no problem connecting PS3 and laptops to this thing.

I am on sky broadband with a netgear dg834gt wirless router. I have tried to look on here for similar posts and have tried to fix a Mac address into the router but still the green light keeps blinking at me.

If anyone could give me a real idioys guide to this i would be very grateful and i never expected it to be this much hassle, the PS3 was a doddle compated to this frustraing thing !!

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

re: Can't connect Xbox online with wireless adapter

See if this helps in the meantime?

Wireless Router and Xbox 360

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Can't connect Xbox online with wireless adapter

Thanks for the link, tried that one already.

Problem is i cant even get the wirless settings on the xbox console to appear, this i think is due to this bliking green light which i presume means it can't find any network.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Found the answer !!!

The Problem is with the Xbox itself.

When you buy the Wireless N Adapter it comes with a CD. When you follow the instructions and pop the CD in the drive / reboot nothing happens. According to several posts this is due to the software already being installed on the xbox already.

I decided (create chaos within my office with cables everywhere) to move my router to my sons room to connect the xbox dierctly to the router with a network cable.

I then tested the xbox live connection which connected straight away. As soon as it connected i got a message to say i need to install updates which I agreed to and downloaded the updates and the xbox rebooted.

After this I re-connected the wireless n adapter which then prompts a message to say you cant have a wired and wireless connector plugged in at the same time so i unplugged the wired connection.

At this point the option to search for wireless connections appeared which i then selected and hey presto my wirelss sky connection was there which I was able to select and inserted the SSID key which then completed the config.

The green light is now solid green and the connection is up and running perfectly.

So to summarise, if you have this problem then make sure you plug your xbox into your router directly first to allow you to connect to xbox live and download the updates then insert your wireless adapter which should intern allow you to search for wirelsss networks and select your home connection with the insertion of the SSID Key.

Few, there is always an answer eh !! :-)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Thanks for posting the solution.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser