Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Port Forwarding to Xbox 360 with DG834GT

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding to Xbox 360 with DG834GT within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Can anyone give me a step to step guide for opening up the ports on a Netgear DG834GT Router? I've ...

CaptCShadow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Port Forwarding to Xbox 360 with DG834GT

Can anyone give me a step to step guide for opening up the ports on a Netgear DG834GT Router?
      I've seen some guides for doing this but none seem to have a full explanation of how to go about doing this.
      I'm completely stuck, I have 2 Xbox 360's and can get one of the NAT Types set to Open and I have been looking around and saw that it might be possible to Open the other Xbox 360 by opening the ports.

Can I get some help with this please?
      It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Port Forwarding to Xbox 360 with DG834GT

You have to first give the Xbox a static address, then go here for full instructions.-
      Port Forwarding Xbox Live 360 on the Netgear DG834GT

I am not sure that this will give you 2 open nats. Most on the forum have been forced to buy a router which supports this function.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

CaptCShadow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks, managed to get my Xbox set to Open, did the exact same thing for my brother's but nothing. It's kind of annoying since there are three Xbox's here..

Ross L is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCShadow View Post
      Thanks, managed to get my Xbox set to Open, did the exact same thing for my brother's but nothing. It's kind of annoying since there are three Xbox's here..
      Yeah unfortunately you can only get one Xbox to open as you can only put one item outside the NAT Firewall. You should be able to get the other two into moderate though, that seems to be fine for the majority of games, though it apparently can affect the use of party chat sometimes.

Damo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: HD+ Litmited Ed
      Thanks

in the past when there been problems in the past being able to support two similar things at the same time I have found using a switch than can do it own routing resolves this, does not always but often can. You connect the switch to one port on the sky router then use switch to share it.

Also make sure you have uPnP on as it make connecting axbox so much easier

mikey1201 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ross L View Post
      Yeah unfortunately you can only get one Xbox to open as you can only put one item outside the NAT Firewall. You should be able to get the other two into moderate though, that seems to be fine for the majority of games, though it apparently can affect the use of party chat sometimes.
      that is not true for this router i have had 2 xbox 360s on open at the same time but its a long but easy process i think you need to do it each time you start your xbox up. if you would like i will take print screens of my router settings and firewill settings and explain it all im currently trying to find out if i can manage to get it so it will stay open.

Just made this new account to try help out some people and try get some help myself