Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Max Delays

This is a discussion on Max Delays within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys, I'm trying my best to get through to sky via Kana, I have stated that if they do ...

Invisible is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01202
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Max Delays

Hi guys,

I'm trying my best to get through to sky via Kana, I have stated that if they do not do something about my max delays I will leave and go to Virgin. I have given them both my account and viewing number.

I am a CSS player and I often get high pings of 70+ even on UK servers, I am on the sky max package and this is my pingtest.net result:

I have tried ringing them but I cannot handle talking to foreigners that insist they do not know what you are talking about, was wondering if you guys knew any other ways to reduce my ping!

cheers.

2. Advertisement
      DannyStokie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Max Delays

I have also sent 2 emails via the kana, but they do not seem to reply.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
      Hi guys,

I'm trying my best to get through to sky via Kana, I have stated that if they do not do something about my max delays I will leave and go to Virgin. I have given them both my account and viewing number.

I am a CSS player and I often get high pings of 70+ even on UK servers, I am on the sky max package and this is my pingtest.net result:

I have tried ringing them but I cannot handle talking to foreigners that insist they do not know what you are talking about, was wondering if you guys knew any other ways to reduce my ping!

cheers.
      If you ring sky on 08442 410515 and literally ask to have your max delays reduced, then someone will either do it for you on the phone or create a reference for you and pass you to someone who can. If the first person you talk to does not know what max delays are, then just ask to be put through to the customer solutions team to have them reduced.

Thanks

Ok after a very, very long call with Sky they told me they were unable to connect me through to customer solutions as when I type in netstat to command prompt I have 20+ results. I asked what could be done about it and they told me to contact an expert..?

There are 6 devices currently connected through my router, they said once I get below 10 on the netstat result they can put me through to customer solutions.

Please help guys I'm starting to lose it!

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The netstat command will just show you what processes are open to the net on your PC, which includes things like windows update etc.

On startup I have over 20 on my win7 machine, and 6 are the internet security!

Whoever wrote the SKY technical scripts needs to go back to school if they think that windows will have less than 10 internet processes going on these days given how muh software requires it to check for updates etc.

The truth of the matter is that the Sky connections to the rest of the net are not the best in the world and the Max delays are just a workaround to get the pings down.

I moved over to O2 LLU and I get insanely low pings, sub 20ms to BBC.co.uk and I am happily playing on a MMO based in the East coast USA and I am getting no problems ping wise.

To be honest phone back and if they say you need less than 10 on a netsat to be put through just say there is now 9 as you have turned off half the applications on your PC that have net access.

But to be honest Sky is a pretty poor ISP to do any real gaming on and I'd look for alternatives once your minimum contract is up.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
      Ok after a very, very long call with Sky they told me they were unable to connect me through to customer solutions as when I type in netstat to command prompt I have 20+ results. I asked what could be done about it and they told me to contact an expert..?

There are 6 devices currently connected through my router, they said once I get below 10 on the netstat result they can put me through to customer solutions.

Please help guys I'm starting to lose it!
      Netstat basically means someone you got through to hadn't a clue what max delays are and followed the script to the end. Ring back again, tell them that you simply want your max delays reduced due to high ping times and you'd like a ticket created for high ping times and passed to customer solutions. Again, if someone refers to netstat results then as Adrian suggested tell them you have only a few now.

Thanks

Thanks for the fast replies guys. I rung them again and just asked directly to have my max delays reduced, the guy insisted he did not know what I was talking about so I told him if he didn't put me through to customer solutions I would change ISP. He hung up so o2 here I come.

DannyStokie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks

I tried emailing them about this, they just don't bother replying.

I think the customer service is laughable.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

don't forget to come over to

O2User - Unofficial help and support for O2

You'll be nicely surprised over how much better O2's customer service is, some people have reported that O2 have sent texts and emails apologising that this weekend that their connections may be affected due to some workmen working near their cables.

Also you have a much better gaming experience.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Thanks

Just signed up to o2 pro, can't be doing with this poor customer service any longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast