Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help Connecting Xbox Please

This is a discussion on Help Connecting Xbox Please within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My younger brother has just bought a new xbox 360 and we cant get it on to internet for xbox ...

fiona1987 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Lightbulb Help Connecting Xbox Please

My younger brother has just bought a new xbox 360 and we cant get it on to internet for xbox live. Ive never had one before but have tried everything i can think of. I have a Sky V2 Sagem F@ST2504 router which i have connected the ethernet cable to and then to the back of the xbox. I have also tried connecting the cable direct to the wall connection. The xbox keeps saying there is no connection. Ive tried entering manually the ip address details etc both the ones from sky website where you log in with admin and sky as password and then i also tried with the ip details from the control panel network connections. Am i missing something vital or can anyone help im soooooo stuck!!!! Pretty please with cherries on top

2. Advertisement
      markm9 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Help Connecting Xbox Please

When i connected my sons xbox to internet, you connect the ethernet cable that comes with your xbox to the back of the router using one of the spare ports, the password etc the xbox will ask for is the one that is on the base of your router i.e your network key, should be able to connect to xbox live

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

The WPA key is for a wireless connection, not Ethernet.

-----

There is no need to set a manual IP on the Xbox 360. Just connect it to a spare Ethernet port on the router, & set everything on the Xbox's network settings to "Automatic".

It should pick up an IP address from the router's DHCP server.

If you did want to give the Xbox a manual IP, it has to be a different address to anything currently in use. e.g. The router would be 192.168.0.1. If the PC is 198.168.0.2, then give the Xbox the next IP after that - 192.168.0.3. Or give it one from the end of the range to make sure it's one not in use. The default gateway & DNS would both be the router's IP, e.g. 192.168.0.1.

But, it is easier to simply have the Xbox set on Auto for everything.

The_Batman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 028
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fiona1987 View Post
      My younger brother has just bought a new xbox 360 and we cant get it on to internet for xbox live. Ive never had one before but have tried everything i can think of. I have a Sky V2 Sagem F@ST2504 router which i have connected the ethernet cable to and then to the back of the xbox. I have also tried connecting the cable direct to the wall connection. The xbox keeps saying there is no connection. Ive tried entering manually the ip address details etc both the ones from sky website where you log in with admin and sky as password and then i also tried with the ip details from the control panel network connections. Am i missing something vital or can anyone help im soooooo stuck!!!! Pretty please with cherries on top
      have u tested the ethernet cable to make sure its working ? plug both ends of the ethernet into the router and see if the respective lights come on !! if not then bobs your uncle