Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Network Bridge help with Xbox 360!

This is a discussion on Network Bridge help with Xbox 360! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey, I really need help with my Xbox 360 connecting to the internet. I've set up a network bridge between ...

Nath2812 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Exclamation Network Bridge help with Xbox 360!

Hey, I really need help with my Xbox 360 connecting to the internet. I've set up a network bridge between my LAN connection and my wireless on my computer, which communicates with the router using a Belkin utility; it is a USB dongle that connects wirelessly. I have set the bridge settings to:
      I.P Address: 192.168.0.7 (Static)
      Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
      Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
      DNS: 192.168.0.1
      The Sky router's base address is 192.168.0.1.
      There are 2 other computers in the house, a laptop with a built in card and computer using a Netgear adapter, these are using the same settings but with static I.P addresses of 192.168.0.4 and 192.168.0.6 (I'm using the .06 one right now).
      These seem to connect flawlessly, but on my computer (0.7), the wireless connection was working with the bridge for about an hour then it went off, for no reason, I reset the router and it still didn't work, the connection also didn't work just for my PC if I deleted the network bridge.
      I put in ipconfig /all into cmd using run, and the settings are the same as when it was working but it says DHCP:no instead of yes and there isn't a release date and time at the bottom of the cmd window (e.g. starts Aug 02 13:34 ends Aug 03 13:34) - this seems to be the issue, router communication?
      My xbox settings are the same, but the I.P address is 192.168.0.220, the range i've set the router to is 02-200 at the end, so that isn't a problem.

I have no idea what the issue is, because DHCP is definitely ticked on my Sky settings and it did connect fine on both my PC and Xbox 360 for about an hour before being knocked off!
      I also noticed that the icon that appears in network settings labelled "Internet Gateway" usually displaying the words "Connected, Internet Connection" with a screen with a globe behind it isn't appearing, which does when it's connected.
      My channel is 6 at the minute, which works perfectly with this laptop and the other computer. All firewalls are disabled also. What is going on?!?!

2. Advertisement
      CHR15T1E is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Elmswell
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Network Bridge help with Xbox 360!

Is the DHCP client running buddy?

You can check it be right clicking My Computer, select manage
      Then choose Services and Applications
      Then Services