Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PS3/Sagem modem issues

This is a discussion on PS3/Sagem modem issues within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I did have this posted in the PS3 DNS thread but not everyone may have been picking it up... I'm ...

x2srj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Belstead
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

PS3/Sagem modem issues

I did have this posted in the PS3 DNS thread but not everyone may have been picking it up...

I'm still getting my issues... this is more or less my setup:

Router 1 (192.168.0.1) looks like this with PS3 directly connected but switched off:

Then I switch the PS3 on:

After 20 seconds when it reconnects:

My IP address didn't change after the drop out although you can see the DownStream Connect has

The PS3 I have set a static IP; here is the info (I've tried both recommended DNS settings with no difference):

This happens also if I have the PS3 directly connected to router 1 with everything else disconnected..

any one any ideas? Could my Sagem modem and PS3 be incompatible?

2. Advertisement
      x2srj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Belstead
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Re: PS3/Sagem modem issues

right I can rule out it being the Sagem modem.....

I got my username/password off the router; put in a non sky netgear router; tested the connection with the same result....

time to call sony I think....

rion_1038 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01460
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: PS3/Sagem modem issues

Hi could some one please help me as i need to use my own router because the signal isnt good enougth for my ps3 at the other end of my house,
      What server does SKY Broadband use? I found out how to work out my username and password not the SKY and ADMIN but the one built in to the router but i need to select what server the sky broadband service on my own router instead it doesnt work, i think i selected PPOE or something like that but when i put the username and password in it doesnt connect to the internet.
      The other thing that it might be is that ive use the generator for the username and password wrong and if this is the case i need to know how to work out the right MAC address as ive used the one off the side of the sky router? ANY IDEAS would be much appretiated!
      I cant for certain say it was PPOE i selected as to check each detail requires me to unplug my Sky router and then go back through the hassle of installing the personal one each time, I will do this though if i get a good suggestion just fed up off doing it all the time!
      Thank you all!

CHR15T1E is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Elmswell
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Thanks

Re: PS3/Sagem modem issues

Could you try connecting the PS3 wireless to Router1 and see if it still drops bud?