Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Call of Duty WaW Disconnections

This is a discussion on Call of Duty WaW Disconnections within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there I don't know if this is related to the recent problems with Sky and Xbox live marketplace but ...

Int3rceptor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Call of Duty WaW Disconnections

Hi there

I don't know if this is related to the recent problems with Sky and Xbox live marketplace but my issue started around the same time.

When playing COD Waw I occasionally get disconnected from the server. My game freezes for around 10 seconds - sometimes it will resume and other times it will disconnect me with the message "Server Disconnected" followed by a "Lobby Closed" message.

However, if I look at my recent players list I can reconnect to the same game with everyone else still playing.

I have never had a problem like this before - as I said it only occurs occasionally, however it happens enough to be annoying!

I have checked my router configuration against the settings in the sticky and all seems to be ok.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thanks for you time.

2. Advertisement
      sr1312 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Glasgow - Shettleston
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Call of Duty WaW Disconnections

Very occasionally but it also happened when I was on BT

james. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Call of Duty WaW Disconnections

I had problems losing connection and had to reboot my router to connect back to xbox live, I found out I had a bad noise margin because of rubbish wiring from my main phone socket. Dont know if you've tried your test socket in your master phone socket but my results were drastically different so I fitted a filtered faceplate which solved all my problems faster download speeds and no disconnections from cod waw so no more bad rep for quitting!