Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PS3 error..what should i do?

This is a discussion on PS3 error..what should i do? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok i am new to sky,i had bt broadband before and never had any problems but changed to sky to ...

anto19 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02837
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Cool PS3 error..what should i do?

Ok i am new to sky,i had bt broadband before and never had any problems but changed to sky to keep all in 1.

Im out of my cooling of period for the broadband which i think is 8 days but im having this problem al week with psn.
      I can use away at the browser on ps3 but cant sign in.it seems to work at certain times which makes me thing its something to do with traffic management and the bandwidth that psn uses.
      now i only have broadband for online gaming with the ps3 and for no other reason and it says in the sky bb t&c's that if at any time the reduce the broadband that mite disadvantage you,you have the right to cancel but im wondering would this be enough to be allowed to cancel.

I rang sky and after hours of arguing with over 10 differernt people a girl told me there is a regrade on the line.

Can anyone tell me is this going to be ongoing problem with sky?

Should i cancel and go BT ?

ps. can i use a different router other than the sagem fast 2504??

Thanks....i just dont want to be having ongoing problems with it.

2. Advertisement
      joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Re: PS3 error..what should i do?

Connect is not the best package for on line gaming. Also if you look here you will see lots on the PSn. It is not a sky bb issue but down to Sony and their updates apparently.
      With regards can you use a different router than the Sagem. Well Sky's T&C say no, you would be in breach of the T&Cs. Having said that many people do use alternative routers to sky's offerings. My self included. There is plenty of information available if you search this site

scallopboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01688
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I too am having the same problems. I get disconnected repeatedly from PSN. Before it would happen every so often but now it has got to the stage where i cant play any games online at all! Initially i changed to a static IP address and also changed the primary and secondary DNS which helped but seem to have no effect at all now.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

This problem is pointing to the fact that Sky are having capacity problems on the Connect package and that in turn is affecting the peer to peer network that PSN uses.

At the moment, the only soloution I can see is the same one that I reccomend to all Connect gamers, LEAVE

Maybe then Sky will do something about this well documented and known issue. At the very least they could put the PSN network outside the traffic management protocols.

admiwal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

My friend was having this problem. Here's what I did to fix it

Go into the router settings and make sure the Channel is set to a number. NOT ON AUTO. for his I used 10
      I also put his PS3 IP into the DMZ, this is mainly for the NAT type 2 which is the best type for online gaming on PS3

This seemed to get his working pretty much instantly.
      Try this and if it does not work let me know as i have a few more suggestions too

This also fixed his Laptop's wireless connection problems as it kept getting disconnected from the internet.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It looks like Sky have now rolled out a fix for this issue.

It seems that their traffic management was putting PSN in the P2P profile, this has now been altered so as not to hit it so serverly.

Still capacity issues on the network thought

Maybe by taking this action on P2P during peak times other customers will be better off, here's hoping